drivers side vent

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

67 short box

drivers side vent

Post by 67 short box »

replaced heater core today and while the box is out, I removed what was left of the old firewall pad.
worked my way to the drivers side an I'm wanting to remove the slide vent to clean all the dirt and leaves from 25 plus years sitting in a barn. took the 6 screws out but still wont come out. before I break it, someone tell me what I'm missing. shouldn't be that hard...thanks...steve
oh yeah...67 non ac
FFRKing

Re: drivers side vent

Post by FFRKing »

Probably just the seal has glued it to the cab. I had to use a putty knife to cut the old gasket to release the vent.
Chris
-1968 F100 SWB, 4.6 3V, 5R55S auto, Crown Vic front and rear.
-1968 Cougar XR-7, 351C, AOD, Explorer rear. In approx. 6,000 pieces at the moment.
67 short box

Post by 67 short box »

worked like a charm! went ahead and did the same thing on pass. side. both were full of sand and leaves.
on the pass. side, I found a rubber plug that was out. dirt ran down thru that hole and some came out inside the fender area.
I think there should be a water drain hole. I'm wondering if the plug came from somewhere else or should go back in. didn't find one on drivers side.
thanks for your help.....
67 short box

Post by 67 short box »

after looking inside with the vents off, theres no place for that round rubber plug that I can see except up high in the corner and that plug is still there
vossy

Post by vossy »

Do you have to remove the e-brake assembly on the drivers side? I can't figure out how to get to that out to clean it witout pulling the e-brake.
Bill Ramsey
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bill Ramsey »

vossy wrote:Do you have to remove the e-brake assembly on the drivers side? I can't figure out how to get to that out to clean it witout pulling the e-brake.
no, unbolt it from the dash and firewall, then move it out of the way. no need to disconnect the cable.
1968 Highboy
1976 Highboy
1969 F250 Camper Special
1941 Dodge Power Wagon
1930 Model A Coupe (Hotrod)
1962 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe
VW Sandrails
Honda ATC's
36' Diesel Pusher for roughing it.
67 short box

Post by 67 short box »