69 f250 3 pt belts need advice

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

66f250cs

69 f250 3 pt belts need advice

Post by 66f250cs »

I plan on installing combo seat belt shoulder harnesses in my 69 f250 that is presently only equipped with worn out seat belts. I have read as many posts as I could find in the Fordification site regarding vendors and installation. Seat belts plus seems to be the vendor of choice. Their web site has a disclaimer stating that they will not answer questions regarding applications etc. How strange. Anyway, has anyone installed their 3 pt harnesses and if so, do you have a part number? I am trying to avoid buying something that won't fit, fits poorly, functions lousey or requires a jury rigged installation. I plan on using the anchor points that exist in the curved section above and behind passenger heads and the ones behind and at the edge of the seat. Thanks.
66 F250 camper special
69 F250 Explorer
85 Mustang GT with 1900 original miles
92 Festiva with 538,000 original miles
86 E350 extended WB van
Various IH & JD tractors (5)
TT & XT500 mc's (6)
BSA, Triumph's and twenty Yamaha two strokes
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 69 f250 3 pt belts need advice

Post by sargentrs »

One of the best write ups on the web by our very own Robroy (Thanks Robroy!) http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =6&t=50489
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
ironhorse2022

Post by ironhorse2022 »

Sorry I don't remember the brand I used but make sure you get the right length on the buckle side. Mine are a bit short and barely poke between the bench seat cushions. Makes it hard to buckle both parts together because they are right in the crack. I need to get some extenders.
1972 F100 custom. 360/c6/PS/long bed Idaho truck with 75k
travlinjohn

Post by travlinjohn »

I just installed retractable seat belts from http://www.seatbeltsplus.com in my 1967 F100. Seatbeltsplus.com has a section for Ford Trucks but I don't think you need to use those seat belts. The Ford belts from that section come with hardware to install belts in trucks that don't have attachment points on the cab behind the driver/passenger. These belts cost way more than the regular 3 pt harness.
3 Point Retractable Seat Belt With Chrome Lift Latch Price ea
Code: WSCH300
Price: $65.95 These are the belts I used.
Seatbelt.jpg
1947-67 Ford Truck 3 Point Seat Belt Kit. Bench Seats, Lift Latch
Code: FORT4767-CLL-Bench
Price: $174.95 These are the belts from the Ford Truck Page
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Laugh Hard, Hang Tough, Lend a Hand"
travlinjohn

Post by travlinjohn »

All three pictures in my previous post are of the belts I installed. Don't know why they are separated the way they display
Clemintine212.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Laugh Hard, Hang Tough, Lend a Hand"
mulletmobile

Post by mulletmobile »

I went through seatbeltplanet.com. Very knowledgeable, high quality and very friendly. I will have to look for the order, but I initially ordered the buckle end too long. They offered to send them back and have them cut down and resewn to the length I needed or purchase new ones for that section. I haven't taken care of it yet, but they have been great to work with and I used the robroy post to guide my installation.

Although they are not the same with and the buckle is not the big bulky ones like the factory, I ordered the standard style with the starburst pattern and they look very good. You can order a few color swatches too so you can see what color you want to go with. I put them in as it is the first car for the boy and I could add in a lap belt for the middle of the bench seat. They lock up fast, release smoothly and the install was a breeze. I already have a tap and die set but did not have the size needed for the lap belt mounts. $10 at Ace and I got the drill bit/tap I needed to do the install.

There are a lot of vendors out there, this is just where I went for mine.
1971 F-250, Wimbeldon White, 360, PB, dealer add-on A/C (A.R.A. brand), 1970 coded interior (23 - Med. blue/Light blue) with 42,000 miles.