Subwoofers

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

BryceW72ford

Subwoofers

Post by BryceW72ford »

I own a 1972 ford f100. I was wondering the best place to put a subwoofer. i still have the gas tank in the cab so i was wondering if it would be a good idea to build a console and but a subwoofer in it. I need some cupholders and i want a subwoofer so why not combine them. before i started on this project i was wondering if i could do it in a better way.
Subzero
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Subwoofers

Post by Subzero »

There's some low-profile subs on the market that combine and amp and sub in a combo that fits pretty slim under most seats. I'm going to try to add one of these in my truck once it's done being rebuilt. Check dimensions before you buy to see if that would work. A custom center console wouldn't be too hard to build and you can add some cup holders too as another option
1972 F100 Sport Custom-2WD, Aqua Blue and Wimbleton White, LWB, 302 V8 and C4 trans, P/S, P/B - under construction

Gone but not forgotten: 1968 F100 Ranger- 2WD, LWB, original rebuilt 360 V8, Autolite 2bbl carb, C6 Trans, Hedman Headers, Powermaster Racing Starter, H-Pipe and Glasspacks, P/S, P/B, A/C