Where to get quality OEM interior parts?

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

pwarren

Where to get quality OEM interior parts?

Post by pwarren »

So I finally decided to get new door panels and arm rests. Unfortunately the parts I got are crap. Zero, I mean zero holes lined up on the panels..had to re-drill them all. And the arm rests are totally a piece of molded hard foam block crap. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: . I can live with the panels but I would like to get arm rests that are foam covered in vynal with stitching like the original. Am I going to have to find originals and have them recover by a upholstery guy? I don't have my originals anymore. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
68 F100 Ranger 2wd
360 2bl Auto
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: Where to get quality OEM interior parts?

Post by FORDification »

Believe it or not, the E-series vans up through the early 90s ('91, I believe?) used the same armrests as our bumpside trucks. Since it seems nobody salvages the armrests from vans, your chances of finding a good set in the junkyards are pretty good.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Also, the 68-69 Torino Fairlane Montego 4 doors use the exact match on the rear door and they are almost always in pristine condition, even on cars that have had the windows down for years. A gentle cleaning with no grit Gojo does wonders.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bullitt74 »

Ford Vans up until the early 90's used similar arm rests. I think the stitching is a bit different, but they work. I usually dye mine the correct color, and they last for a couple years (I don't drive my truck much).
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070