Factory style rubber floor cover

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

1968f250429

Factory style rubber floor cover

Post by 1968f250429 »

Anyone know a part number for the factory rubber floor cover for our trucks? Not sure if I want carpet in mine and the ones I see reproduced don't go beside the seat like the original one's. Does anybody make one like the original piece? Thanks
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Factory style rubber floor cover

Post by jzjames »

Don't think so, but some will say they are available.
I wished there was a good reproduction like the one my 67 had,... with the lightning bolt!
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

There are two types of rubber mat available for your truck. However you must know what to order. There are two types of Humps in the floorboard. A low hump which is a welded in construction and a high hump which is a bolted in trans tunnel. Each one of those determines the mat you will need to order. Most often the part number you will find available only applies to the low hump. It takes some work to find the high hump variant.
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

Dennis Carpenter has them. You have to get one for a dent side era, The floors are the same as the bump sides.

I bought one for a 8" Tunnel hump and the mat goes from the fuel tank to the firewall. There's plenty of extra material to trim to fit.

P.N. D7TZ-1013010-K for the 8" trans hump. $200

It comes with the padding for the floor board on each side, But you have to make you own padding for the trans hump.

Heavy duty and has a nice fit.
1968f250429

Post by 1968f250429 »

Hazelnut, would you happen to have some pictures of the rubber floor mat you installed in your truck?
I would like to put the rubber mat back in mine if I could find one that covers the floor like the original one did.

Pictures would be helpful before I buy one and don't like the look of it. Thanks
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

I installed a factory rubber mat over carpet. Kind of luxurious while being practical. I also love the lightning bolt emblem on the mat

'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

1968f250429 wrote:Hazelnut, would you happen to have some pictures of the rubber floor mat you installed in your truck?
I would like to put the rubber mat back in mine if I could find one that covers the floor like the original one did.

Pictures would be helpful before I buy one and don't like the look of it. Thanks

I put mine in but have not cut to fit yet. It's just laying in the floor relaxing. I'll take a picture for you if you want to see what it looks like just being laid out.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

These are still available and sit on top of the carpet.
1968f250429

Post by 1968f250429 »

Yes I would still like to see some pictures of your mat in your truck so I can still get an idea. How much are those mats? Where do I aquire one at? Just my local dealer I guess? Thanks