dentside hood on a bump

Moderator: FORDification

69SCJ

Locking Hood Latch - Split from: dentside hood on a bump

Post by 69SCJ »

Dang dude, looking great!!!

I love your grill that color to match the two tone.
68 f100, 390, 4x4, NP435, LWB, 33/12.5/15's, power steering.... work in progress!!!
48prerunner
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: dentside hood on a bump

Post by 48prerunner »

Wow I have been real busy and have not had a chance to check this thread. Man that looks awesome hope you don't mind if I copy your hood mods.
cookmatt67

Post by cookmatt67 »

not a problem, thats why i posted it..... good luck and let us know how the hinge work goes..
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

cookmatt, You have good ideas working on you truck. I know what you mean about finding a good hood for a bump, I looked and looked but seems like all the hoods went bad when i needed one.
Whats your plans for the front bumper, Are you going to make one fit on the tilt front ? or do you have another modifcation in mind. Great work BTW, looks good.
elgemcdlf
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by elgemcdlf »

I like this truck & am watching it progress.
Mudbone2005

Post by Mudbone2005 »

What about taking a dent side hood to repair a bump hood. My current hood is rusted on both sides under the part that rest on the fender which has start to progress to the outter side of the hood. What I was think since the lines look to be close just make the cut from the dent hood and weld in. What do think about that
71PA_Highboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 71PA_Highboy »

Too much work and getting the body straight will be next to impossible. Long straight lines on flat panels = lots of work.

You would be better off just using the dent hood or getting a different bump hood.

JMHO
Last edited by 71PA_Highboy on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got Ford?
2 EarlyBroncos (68,69)
2 Classic Mustangs (69,70)
1 F250 4x4 (71) - OB - 360, NP435, D24, HPD60 4.10, D60,
1 94 Ranger, 2.3, 5spd
1 Lincoln Mark VIII
Mudbone2005

Post by Mudbone2005 »

Thanks I will hold on to the dent side and see if i can locate a bump. I kind of like the bump hood over the dent but if I can' t get my hands on one then I go with that one
cookmatt67

Post by cookmatt67 »

I havent got to the bumper yet but i believe the stock piece will work fine. it will be modified of course and painted to match the "rod berry red".
Kevin Felsman

Post by Kevin Felsman »

grabberblue72 wrote:it would be a real easy swap. If you use dent inner fenders with the dent hinges, and dent rad support. It will all basically bolt up and the hood will latch properly. You need to egg out the holes on the inner fender horns to get them to bolt to the bump cab. With all the talk about this,Im going to set a dent hood on a bump tonight and take some pictures. I know it will bolt on easy, I'm just not sure how the lines will line up to the bump.
I have all the inner front clip from a 78 donor. Mine is a 72 and I would like to know how the bump lines worked out for your swap. :hmm: