Spray on Chrome?

Moderator: FORDification

Fordyarddog

Spray on Chrome?

Post by Fordyarddog »

I was looking on Youtube for something not even related to spray on chrome and came across a 3 or 4 minute video called "DIY Chrome Kit". I have heard of this process but haven't seen anything that was do that was. I have seen it done on a car show or two and it was still a long process but the result was good. I thought about doing my valve cover on my 360 that way and on some other items as well. My question is has anyone used the spray on chrome process before? :? If so what do you thing about the process and what did you think about the result. :? :? :?
Man cannot not live alone. He must have a peanut and jelly sandwich and a super large cold could real cold glass of milk. :thup:
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Spray on Chrome?

Post by HIO Silver »

The guys on that new show 'Mobsteel' sprayed on chrome. It's an involved process and requires highly specialized equipment. DIY kit? I don't think so...
Fordyarddog

Post by Fordyarddog »

Hey HIO Sliver. :hi: That's the TV show 'Modsteel'. I saw them do the spray on chrome and it indeed was a long process and if I remember right the equipment to do it was very costly as well. Advance Auto, Auto Zone, Home Depot and I think even NAPA too sales these kits and sale them for around 125 to 135.00. The reviews are about 40/60. 40 not being very good. 60 fair and they all commented saying 'doesn't really look like chrome'. So I don't think so either. No spray on for me. Thanks for you comment. :thup: :thup: :thup:
Man cannot not live alone. He must have a peanut and jelly sandwich and a super large cold could real cold glass of milk. :thup:
farmallmta

Post by farmallmta »

It's going to come out looking barrio/ghetto/trailer park. Take your pick as to which look suits your truck best. Then avoid it at all costs. :lol:
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Mach428 »

Most of the Mustang venders have Poer by Ford chrome valve covers for a 390, which will fit your truck.
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Mach428 »

[quote="Mach428"]Most of the Mustang venders have Power by Ford chrome valve covers for a 390, which will fit your truck.[/quote]
Fordyarddog

Post by Fordyarddog »

Hi guys, Thanks for the information on the chrome valve covers. I'll check with some Mustang venders. :thup: :thup: :thup:
48prerunner
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 48prerunner »

Its not cheap and not that much more involved than painting, but its expensive check out

http://superchrome.ca/superchrome.php

Stater kit is $250
http://superchrome.ca/buy_online.php