Windshield wiper fix

Moderator: FORDification

Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Windshield wiper fix

Post by Jacksdad »

Since one of my neighbors was good enough to modify it for me, I now have to replace the drivers side wiper and spindle. It looks like an "upside down on your head feeling around under the dash" kind of job (my favorite...). I'm going to be heading to the wrecking yards to scout out some other parts soon anyway.
Not quite sure when it happened, but it's within the last couple of days. Hopefully this isn't the start of a trend - I did keep the remains of the wiper arm so it can be inserted into the culprit though :-D

1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Windshield wiper fix

Post by Jacksdad »

Just found out another bump on my block suffered the same fate - driver's side wiper mangled during the night :x
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
carnuck

Post by carnuck »

Someone has a hate on for Ford pickups in your area?
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Apparently. I took a walk around the neighborhood and saw no other vehicles with obvious damage. It sucks :(