Styleside Bed to Frame Spacers - Dimensions Needed

Moderator: FORDification

Aerocoupe

Styleside Bed to Frame Spacers - Dimensions Needed

Post by Aerocoupe »

According to a few parts sites on the web there are tube spacers that go between the bed and the frame on the Styleside trucks. I ordered new stainless steel bolts, washers, and nuts as well as the isolators but no kit that I can find has these spacers. I need the OD, ID, and length for these bed to frame spacers as I was thinking of just cutting them from some stainless tubing or pipe depending on the dimensions.

If you have these spacers handy and can measure them that would be very much appreciated. Also, if they are different lengths it would be good info to know where they go relative to their length.

LMC's website is one that shows these spacers pretty well but no info and do not sell them. Here is the page from their catalog that shows them in the bottom right corner:

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fb/full.aspx?Page=23
Ranchero50

Re: Styleside Bed to Frame Spacers - Dimensions Needed

Post by Ranchero50 »

I don't remember any spacers. Is it possible that they are just to keep the box tubing from collapsing as you tighten the nuts? If so then it should be easy enough to fab some out of black pipe.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Aerocoupe

Re: Styleside Bed to Frame Spacers - Dimensions Needed

Post by Aerocoupe »

That makes complete sense. I will check the bed and see if the bolts pass through the floor supports (pretty sure they do) and I can just measure them up that way. I'm probably gonna feel stupid for this but at least I will learn something.