Kick panel rust

Moderator: FORDification

bad67f100

Kick panel rust

Post by bad67f100 »

I have a 1967 ford f100 and I am starting to get it apart to do rust repair. I know I have to replace my passenger floor board, passenger rocker panel, and both kick panels are rusted out. My question is do they make replacement kick panels? I ask because I think the door seal attacks to the kick panel along the seam correct? I didn't know if the made that piece or if it had to be custom made. I saw lmc truck sells a inner rocker panel and it looks like it is the kick panel but not sure...any help would be great. Thanks!
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Kick panel rust

Post by sargentrs »

AFAIK, nobody makes sheet metal kick panel or door pillar parts for our trucks. However they do make door pillar patches for the dent sides but not kick panel patches. You could patch the kick panels with flat sheet metal and carve up the door pillars from a dent side for the curved sections.....maybe. I'm not certain if the radius is the same. Let us know if you try it. A lot of people would like to know if they work.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

I just used flat sheet metal for mine. No curves/contours to have to deal with so very easy.
67nukeford
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 67nukeford »

I had to patch mine also. There is a small flange on the panel that runs along the door opening, I was able to re-create that with my bead roller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat 1967 F100 4WD
LINK TO PROJECT THREAD
:http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
Fordyarddog

Post by Fordyarddog »

I had to replace both kick panels half way up and both floor panels completely on my 68 F100 LWB Flareside plus part of my firewall behind the heater as well last year. It's a lot of work but I enjoyed every minute of it. :thup: :thup: :thup:
Man cannot not live alone. He must have a peanut and jelly sandwich and a super large cold could real cold glass of milk. :thup: