Floor pan question

Moderator: FORDification

RandyP63

Floor pan question

Post by RandyP63 »

I just replaced the floor pans and seat support on my 70 F-100. I was wondering what products are used to seal them? In the old days spray on undercoating was what we all used but, I was curious what is the best product now. I was going to Dynamat the interior, underneath is where I need the help. Thanks.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Floor pan question

Post by sargentrs »

I used rattle can rubberized underbody coating. My cab was flipped on its back at the time so it was an easy job. I put 3-4 coats on it. Buy the good stuff, not the $3 Wal-Mart brand, that stuff never dries and smells like asphalt.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
RandyP63

Post by RandyP63 »

Thank you, that's what I was thinking. I know 3M makes a good product. Fortunately that was the only rust on the truck.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

I sealed my pan seams with automotive seam sealer before painting. I used the overlap to weld the pans in and the seam sealer worked out great.
RandyP63

Post by RandyP63 »

I used seam sealer for the first time on this floor repair. I didn't realize how that product hardened, it looks good as well.
Fordyarddog

Post by Fordyarddog »

Okay here's my :2cents: I use seam sealer from Eastwood every time I replace floor pans. It comes in a tube and you apply it using a caulking gun or you can buy it in a quart can and brush it on. I prefer to brush it on because you can get it into every nick and cranny where using a tube caulking application you can not. :thup: :thup: :thup:
Man cannot not live alone. He must have a peanut and jelly sandwich and a super large cold could real cold glass of milk. :thup: