Metal Dash Face

Moderator: FORDification

SemperFi

Metal Dash Face

Post by SemperFi »

Hello, I have 1973 F100. When I purchased the truck, it had a homemade instrument cluster w\ aftermarket gauges, missing all original dash components. So, when I removed the homemade instrument cluster, the Metal Dash face was hacked up, and needs to be replaced.
I was wondering if its hard to remove the Metal Dash face ? Are there any welds , or is just nuts and bolts that need to be removed ?

Thank you for your help.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Metal Dash Face

Post by colnago »

If you're just talking about the instrument cluster, it's not welded in. It's just held in place with four screws on top, and four screws on the bottom. You can see them from the driver seat; you don't have to climb under anything to get to them. You will also have the speedometer cable, and any electrical wiring going to the instrument cluster, that you'll have to detach. But there are no welds or hidden screws.

If you're talking about something else, I can't picture it, so I'd need to see a photo.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Not sure about the dents, but the bumps bolt at the bottom and are held at the top by the pinch weld at the windshield. I started making a custom dash to fit a double DIN stereo but didn't like the direction it was going so went back to stock. I cut the dash above the top lip where the pad covers it and just tech screwed the panels together.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
SemperFi

Post by SemperFi »

Thank you. It came out as you had indicated. I just have to find a new one now..