clean out the cowl

Moderator: FORDification

Doorjam13

clean out the cowl

Post by Doorjam13 »

I there a way to get access to area under the cowl? I would like to clean out the leaves and crap.
cowl 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggman918
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: clean out the cowl

Post by eggman918 »

You can gain access to it through the vents in the cab footwells but only with a flexible hose or the like,I was able to get the vacuum hose up there with enough tenacity.
Steve

The"Filthy Beast"- '68 F-250 Crew Cab 131"W/B 4x4 4BT compounds hx30/Wh1c,5x.012" sac injectors/ZF 5/NP203-205 /3.54 44 trutrack front/60 trutrack rear on 33's. 2nd owner

"Beauty is only skin deep....Ugly is to the bone"
It is more important to understand what you don't know than what you do know,because then you can start to learn..???
"you must deal with the attaboys and the ass chewing s with your head up and looking them in the eyes" T.J.E. aka My Dad
There are only three types of people wolves, sheepdogs, and sheep. What are you?
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Only access I know of is to take the covers off the kick panel vents, blow all the stuff out of the cowl with compressed air, and then clean out the vents by hand. If you have a bunch of stuff in the cowl I'll bet there's a bunch of stuff below where the vent covers attach that is gonna need cleaned out that will plug up the drain and cause rust.....here's a thread that might help.........

http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... wl#p730213
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

Has anyone cut extra "ovals" in the fire wall to get to more of the cowl area? Thinking of doing that just to get better access then just a small oval in the center. Not really waiting to cut the cowl off and go that rout. Whats a few extra rubber oval things on the fire wall, factory right?
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life