Who has largest floor pans

Moderator: FORDification

Pro5oh

Who has largest floor pans

Post by Pro5oh »

Howdy folks, just joined the site and I have a 68 f100. The floors and cab mounts have be patched and mudded with bondo for years. Looking to replace with new metal but its not real clear who has the largest floor pans for the truck. Rust has gotten all the way up to the seam and the bottom of the a-pillar is a mess too. Hoping to find large pans and the parts for the lower a-pillar but I'm only finding them listed for the 66 back models. Am I'm going to have to fab my own????

Thanks for you're comments/info!!
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Who has largest floor pans

Post by sargentrs »

No question! Dennis Carpenter for the fit and quality. My DC floors pans reached to the firewall seam, up the curve of the tranny hump, seat pedestal and under the scuff plate. Don't believe it went much up the kick panel but I did have to trim off that side to fit down flat to the floor.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Find a dentside Bronco and steal the floor out from under it. They are the same up to the seam, front mounts and all. The A pillar is similar just the seal lip is different vs. ours but that's easy fab work. It was also much cheaper vs. buying all the replacement panels and fitting them together.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
1guydude
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1guydude »

dang. I was gonna go rockauto but after reading sergeants comment. I think ill have to go that route. I need the flooring next to the door under the scuff plate.
edit: I also like the idea of going to the junk yard and cutting it out.
-d
2008 bmw 528i
1967 ford f100
2014 vw tiguan
2016 kawasaki 250f
2015 KTM rc390
2014 audi tt Quatro s
Braaaaap!
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

I'll second Sargenters comment about Dennis Carpenter. I only needed a small section from each but they were plenty large to cover the entire floor and fit well. Mine actually did go all the way to the kick panel. I had to replace that section as well as a piece of the driver kick panel on the one side.