What is missing from this front end?

Moderator: FORDification

vossy

What is missing from this front end?

Post by vossy »

My truck didn't have the rock deflector when I bought it, I didn't realize it until pretty recently, as I just started to put everything back together after some restoration work.. So I have purchased the rock deflector, and it's been painted the body color, as can be seen in the attached photo... Prior to actually buying/seeing the rock deflector, I assumed that that is where the parklight assembly mounted, however it doesn't appear that the park lights mount to this rock deflector.

So I said ok, they must hang from the grille (not in the picture).. But there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to hang the Park Light assemblies from the grill either..

My question: Can someone share some insight on how these: http://dennis-carpenter.com/park-light- ... z-13201-b/

Mount in the attached picture?
2A245133-661C-4316-A32B-3BF6D3069015.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdnwillyg
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: What is missing from this front end?

Post by cdnwillyg »

http://www.fordification.com/tech/image ... dlamps.jpg
This may help, assuming 70-72 grill???
1968 Mercury M250 Camper Special
FE-390,570CFM 4bbl, C6 Automatic, PS, PB front disk.
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
:drive:Willy
vossy

Post by vossy »

Yes, sorry 71 Grille.

See the vertical down bolts in parts 13206 and 13207 in the diagram you sent? Where are the holes to accept those bolts for mounting? Do I drill holes in the stone deflector? Or is there some part that bolts to the engine compartment, that accepts those two down bolts on either side?
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

I believe your stone deflector is not for the 71 grille, sorry to say.

Looks to be for the earlier 67-69 grilles.
vossy

Post by vossy »

I'm fairly certain it's the right part... I mean, it's the same part every major dealer sells as the stone deflector... Why do you think it's the wrong part?

In fact, I can't even find a different part for the 71+ models, that's not the same part as the 67-72? In every part book, I can find the stone deflector is listed as 67-72.

Edit: In any case, how does the parking light assembly mount? Does this part, that fits all of the other bolt holes, just need to have four holes drilled in it to mount the park light assembly? I mean the part fits everywhere else, I just don't see how those park lights mount? How do the park lights mount if this was the right part? Would their just be two holes in it on each side to attach the park light? I have a drill and drill bits... :) Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a part, somewhere... Whether or not it's the exact right part, or not, it fits around everything and marries with the fender bolt holes, perfectly, and the engine compartment front... It's just not apparent how to mount the park lights..
Bill Ramsey
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bill Ramsey »

there are differences. look here:
http://www.fordification.com/tech/67-72ID_02.htm

you will need to drill holes.
1968 Highboy
1976 Highboy
1969 F250 Camper Special
1941 Dodge Power Wagon
1930 Model A Coupe (Hotrod)
1962 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe
VW Sandrails
Honda ATC's
36' Diesel Pusher for roughing it.
vossy

Post by vossy »

Excellent. Thanks! Off to zip some holes into the valance... Zoom Zoom.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Might better test fit first. I think that on the 67-69 models may be too short for the longer 70-72 parking light housings.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.