Floor pans

Moderator: FORDification

JBrian

Floor pans

Post by JBrian »

Hi guys,
Recently purchased a 67 short bed. Floor pans have a few spots in them, so I am going to go ahead and replace both sides. With that being said, what are the best options? I don't want some generic repop if at all possible. Thanks in advance.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Floor pans

Post by sargentrs »

I got my pans from a member who got them from NPD, bought them and then he didn't need them. Imagine my surprise when I found Dennis Carpenter stickers on them. Apparently, NPD has been known to buy from DC and resell. They were an excellent fit and matched the originals perfectly. You can always buy them and only cut out the pieces you need to fill your bad spots, that's what I did. Mine were good up the tranny tunnel and seat pedestal, I just needed to replace the flat sections.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

I used Dennis Carpenter for mine also. Good match to original grooves and ribs so made it easy when I only needed certain pieces/sections of each.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

First, define 'a few spots'. I would only replace as much as needed. I would use a torch and run it across the rusted stuff. If it's weak or overly oxidized it'll flash melt giving you a solid edge to weld to as well as expose any other weak spots. I'd use a repro panel to cut from and replace only what's needed. Basic reason is everywhere you overlap metal for the full pan replacement is where it will rust back out and fitting a full sheet butt to butt is an exercise in futility. If you can avoid the cab mounts so much the better. The side benefit is once it rusts again you still have the option of replacing the full pan.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
JBrian

Post by JBrian »

Pics attached. I am I am just starting on the project. First step is to get cab empty, off frame, as well as bed. Then off to media blaster....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBrian

Post by JBrian »

Pics attached. I am in the process of tearing the cab apart. Then, bed, frame and cab off to the media blaster.
Edit - Apologies for the dupe posting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geradr4

Post by geradr4 »

Check out raybuck also. They have floor pans for our trucks.
Fordzert

Post by Fordzert »

How's the progress on this?