Electrical connectors

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

Cobra67

Electrical connectors

Post by Cobra67 »

Can anyone tell me who makes the electrical connectors for Ford. The door jamb switch connectors on my 70 are messed up and I need to replace the terminals on the ends of the wires.id like to buy just the whole kit if I could find it.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by basketcase0302 »

Cobra67 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:45 pm
Can anyone tell me who makes the electrical connectors for Ford. The door jamb switch connectors on my 70 are messed up and I need to replace the terminals on the ends of the wires.id like to buy just the whole kit if I could find it.
LMC was the only folks I knew making repop door switch connectors for our bump era trucks as far as I know, (and don't waste your money or time on them as their JUNK)! The door switches have always been a sore thump for our trucks and a PIB! :cuss:
Easiest thing I found to do was to upgrade the switch to the dent era with the harness for it as it's twice the connection that our bump era trucks were.
You can easily find dent era switch and wiring harness in the boneyards or order them new as well.
Here's a source for the switch for the dent era, (autozone and all the big guys should have the switches for the dents on the shelf as well):
http://dennis-carpenter.com/dome-light- ... Z-13713-A/
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4