Post by LANCE65 »

healdight relays;
3G alternator;
Duraspark ignition;
Duraspark/GM HEI hybrid ignition;
Duraspark/MSD;
Points/MSD;
Dual battery set-up;
Hope this helps for everyone wanting to do these mods!
-Lance
2015 Camaro-2001 GMC Safari-1984 F250 6.9/T19 2wd-1974 Dodge D100 short fleetside~ 72 wife ~ late model kids, a Chocolate Lab named Coco and a white rabbit named Marshmallow...now I need a ferret named Graham and I will have S'mroes!!!..lol :D
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: here are some diagrams for everyone.

Post by fordman »

wow man you went all out getting that stuff for us. thank you. i had no idea how to wire any of that stuff in. thank you.
edit: what gauge of wires do i need to do the headlight relay thing?
LANCE65
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by LANCE65 »

I have used 14 or 16g. I think stock is 18g.
2015 Camaro-2001 GMC Safari-1984 F250 6.9/T19 2wd-1974 Dodge D100 short fleetside~ 72 wife ~ late model kids, a Chocolate Lab named Coco and a white rabbit named Marshmallow...now I need a ferret named Graham and I will have S'mroes!!!..lol :D
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

a link on how to hook up a mini starter. http://forums.corral.net/forums/article ... arter.html

Link to all wiring diagrams. http://www.fordification.com/tech/schematics_h.htm
Last edited by fordman on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SmoothJ69

Post by SmoothJ69 »

it took me a little searching to find this thread http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a

which contains this diagram that I was looking for so I thought I'd link it here

VernF110

Post by VernF110 »

Thanks so much for posting these diagrams!

Vern
USMC123

Post by USMC123 »

Anyone have actual pictures of where the wires go on the solenoid on a 1972 Ford F-100, 360 with Automatic Tranny.

This is the solenoid that mounts on the side fender.

4 post solenoid:

Wire im looking at are:

1 small brown wire, can only go on one of the smaller post
1 small red wire, can only go on one of the small post
1 Large cable wire coming from the battery (clearly goes on the large post closest to battery)
1 Large cable wire (clearly goes down to the starter)

Here's the weird extras I have no clue about

1 - 3 wire grouping - One yellow wire, one black wire, one black with wire strip
1 - 2 wire grouping with fusable link (almost certain that goes on the battery side) Black wires both of them
1 - Green wire / tray back it turns to black, tracing back it does down under truck towards tail lights

Anyone know?
Sorry for posting this here, just joined tonight.

Will F
Ford F100,360 AT
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by HIO Silver »

Please refer to the wiring diagrams and schematicx provided by fordification... it may look confusing but if you can read a map, then you can read the diagram's circuitry.
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

:yt: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :fr: :fr: :fr:

Thanks to each of you for taking your time to post this valuable time saving information.

:help: :help: I want to make sure I have this later when I need it, so please advise . :help: :help: :help: :help:

Can I copy the Fordification.com address in my address at the top left of the computer and paste it in a email letter to me , then save it to my ford truck folder?

Is this the correct way to save it or are there a better way to save it?
USMC123

Post by USMC123 »

I checked the diagrams carefully. I can't however find the information I was looking for. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong area or not able to search correctly as I am completely new to this site.

Yes I am able to read, read a map. Thanks for that tip :hd:

I will try else where

Will F
Ford F100,360 AT
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

:) Thank you for all of these diagrams.

The Duraspark/GM Module diagram is one of particular interest to me, as I'm going to be doing some type of electronic ignition conversion to my truck.
I did notice something though that I thought I'd better mention. In the Dual Battery diagram, it shows Battery #2 having it's (+) Positive terminal grounded and it's (-) Negative terminal connected to the 12 Volt (+) Positive side of the Charging Circuit. The Negative terminal of Battery #2 should be grounded instead.
390 FE IN A "BUMP" / 383 WEDGE IN A 2 DOOR C-BODY / 351W IN A FULL-SIZE MERCURY / 194 CHEVY 6 IN A DUECE / 2.4 DOHC CHRYSLER IN A PLASTIC BUBBLE (Driver)
youngone

Post by youngone »

Is it possible to hook up the lights so that when the high beams are on the low beams come on at the same time. My 09 gm is that way, just wondering out load. thanks.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

youngone wrote:Is it possible to hook up the lights so that when the high beams are on the low beams come on at the same time. My 09 gm is that way, just wondering out load. thanks.
If you use the originally posted diagram with individual relays and have the low beam relay energized by the light switch and not the dimmer switch it should work. Not sure how the bulbs will like the added temperature load from both elements running at once. I have the OEM Ford bulbs on my '70 and they throw plenty of light with a good charging system.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
ponyexpress

Post by ponyexpress »

I plan on using a duraspark distributor w/MSD 6al box. In the Duraspark picture provided by MustangSteve, it shows a wire removed from the solenoid. In the Duraspark picture with the MSD box there is no picture of the solenoid. Should I leave all of the wires attached to solenoid ? I have wired my truck like the picture in the MSD photo. When i turn ignition key I am getting nothing. Can someone tell me which wire comes from the ignition switch? I believe it is one of the three wires that come from the firewall directly behind the left valve cover. one goes to temp sending unit, one goes to oil pressure switch and i believe the ignition wire is the wire that is supposed to go to the coil. I have connected this wire that was supposed to go to coil to the red wire coming out of MSD box but when I turn key, nothing. Anyone have any ideas. I hate electrical problems! Thanks
Thipdar

Post by Thipdar »

USMC123 wrote:Anyone have actual pictures of where the wires go on the solenoid on a 1972 Ford F-100, 360 with Automatic Tranny.

This is the solenoid that mounts on the side fender.

4 post solenoid:

Wire im looking at are:

1 small brown wire, can only go on one of the smaller post
1 small red wire, can only go on one of the small post
1 Large cable wire coming from the battery (clearly goes on the large post closest to battery)
1 Large cable wire (clearly goes down to the starter)

Here's the weird extras I have no clue about

1 - 3 wire grouping - One yellow wire, one black wire, one black with wire strip
1 - 2 wire grouping with fusable link (almost certain that goes on the battery side) Black wires both of them
1 - Green wire / tray back it turns to black, tracing back it does down under truck towards tail lights

Anyone know?
Sorry for posting this here, just joined tonight.

Will F
Part of the problem you're facing is that you're looking at the part of the schematic that's different between those trucks with idiot lights and those trucks with gauges.

Instead of the 1972 diagram(s), compare the diagrams for 1970 F100-F250 vs. the 1970 F350. One's set up for idiot lights, the other is set up for gauges. If your truck has gauges, the diagram for the 1970 F350 may make a lot more sense for you, even though the wire color codes may be different for 1972.