Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Got my TruckLite LED headlights!

Post by 69timemachine »

Here you go Madman:
69timemachine wrote:Well, for those who need their headlights in freezing rain, there is a heated TruckLite LED headlight. It's part #27275C. I have no idea on what pricing would be for them though. :thup:
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
dailyf100

Post by dailyf100 »

Very pricey but very cool. I'm thinking this would relieve the headlight switch of ton of load and get rid of the over heating/failure the switch is prone to after time.
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Yes, they should. Someone converted my truck to Halogen and didn't put in the relay harness, so I'm lucky that I didn't have problems with my switch or wiring. I should be ok now with the swap to TruckLites though.
Jason
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

hillcountryflt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hillcountryflt »

The trucklites are a common upgrade for those of us riding Harley's. They are pricey as everyone else has indicated. Look at the price for Harley Daymaker headlight, which is Harley's LED upgrade. About $400 - so $800 for a set for a truck. I run the trucklite on my Harley. Great improvement over the factory halogen.
Have thought about them for my trucks. But money is better spent on other things at this time.
1971 F100 Custom SB Flareside;
2016 Explorer;
2020 F150
2016 Harley Ultra Limited
2008 Ford Mustang Deluxe V6
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

My TruckLites are still running great!

One thing I noticed on ebay is that there are now Chinese knockoffs of the TruckLites for sale, so be wary of a light that looks like TruckLite, but is only $70 each. Having said that, it probably wouldn't be too hard for even a knockoff LED to have better light output than the old Halogens I took out. As long as there is a hint of quality there, it might be an option for someone who wants better/safer lighting, but just cannot seem to get the funds together for the genuine TruckLites. My friend wanted TruckLites for his dentside, but didn't want to spend the money. I told him to buy the knockoffs and then we could do a comparison between real and fake, but he got regular replacement bulbs instead.

Anyway, just be careful when making your purchase and make sure you're getting the genuine article if that's what you're paying for.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed