heater

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

tynall44
Preferred User
Preferred User

heater

Post by tynall44 »

is there anyway to beef up the heater and defrosters on these trucks :? :? :? :? :fr:
Ranchero50

Re: heater

Post by Ranchero50 »

Supposedly the dent side bronco non AC fan wheel is larger and performs better. I haven't had one to play with and they are hard to pull in the yards. New door seals and making sure the firewall is sealed makes a huge difference too. Then covering 1/2 of the radiator does wonders for getting the temps up high.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: heater

Post by sargentrs »

I did the fan upgrade http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =6&t=73960 I bench tested mine before and after and there is a huge difference in the air flow with the new fan and wheel. I'm sure replacing all the gaskets helped to. However, I traded that rebuilt unit for a factory AC/heat/defrost unit so I never actually tried it out. As for defrost I intend to install something like these in place of the OE vent grates. I believe it'll give me more control over how the air gets distributed over the windshield.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.