Help Identifying "Can" by Voltage Regulator?

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Help Identifying "Can" by Voltage Regulator?

Post by colnago »

All,

While removing stuff to repaint my engine compartment, I came across a small can underneath the voltage regulator, on the passenger side of the radiator support. What is this can for? Sorry; I'm typing this at work, so I don't have any pictures of what I'm talking about.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Help Identifying "Can" by Voltage Regulator?

Post by basketcase0302 »

"colnago"]All,
While removing stuff to repaint my engine compartment, I came across a small can underneath the voltage regulator, on the passenger side of the radiator support. What is this can for? Sorry; I'm typing this at work, so I don't have any pictures of what I'm talking about.
Joseph

Joseph,

Is your truck an original Cali titled bump? Emissions didn't hit the rest of us until 1970 but it sounds like the vacuum canister that resembles a one quart coffee can used in the fuel system, (which you would want to keep as it really serves a dual purpose) . It would be connected to the line (9D673) in the bottom left of this image marked "to fuel vapor storage system".
Is there one small or two 1/4" or 5/16" hose fitting(s) on it?

And here's an image of the canister:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

If it ain't that, its probably the little condenser which limits noise from the charging system corrupting the radio reception.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

Ranchero50 wrote:If it ain't that, its probably the little condenser which limits noise from the charging system corrupting the radio reception.
That must be it, then. It's smaller than the size of my thumb. Definitely not for emission stuff (but, yes, my truck is an original Cali truck). Just wondering, because I've never noticed it before. But the neighbor just got a Dodge Ram, and I thought I caught the two trucks winking at each other. I was afraid that the old girl might have caught some disease from a (shudder!) Dodge! :eek:

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.