Horn

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

tyler67f100

Re: Horn

Post by tyler67f100 »

I will add another picture of the horn ring, if there anything that is supposed to be on that too? all there is on it is the plastic piece that locks it to the steering wheel
Lee

Post by Lee »

If you pull the wheel off the column there is another contact brush under it -
Good Morn'un, This is the brush I referenced earlier. If you ground this brush to a good ground ( I used the center of the steering shaft) the horn should sound. I would start there as then you will know to trouble-shoot work down the column or up into the steering wheel assembly.

Take care,
Lee
Gnick4

Post by Gnick4 »

Ohiotinkerer wrote:If you pull the steering wheel be advised there are 2 contacts - one in the wheel itself under the horn ring and one under the wheel in the column.........I took mine apart to change over to P/S and when I put it back together my horn wouldn't work.........untll I discovered the one in the steering wheel fell out because I didn't know it had one......... :x
So true, I thought there was only one and replaced it. Unfortunately it was the one underneath that was broken. Luckily I had kept the original and it works great. That was the The last thing in the cab to need repair. Now everything works including windshield washer fluid. Lots of fun.....sometimes!