Light switch & removing instrument panel

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

jingo

Re: Light switch & removing instrument panel

Post by jingo »

Thanks Thipdar. curious about the part number references...what source do you use to ID Ford part numbers? And how does the Rear Counter site work? Although RC and some other, non-vendor sites show this part at DC, it is not in their catalog, or anyone else’s (LMC, Rock, eBay etc). As far as I can gather, most finds are salvage, or someone with a few stashed away. Nothing on eBay right now, so if someone has a couple on hand, that would be great!
1970 Ranger Styleside, LWB, Harbor Blue
416, C6, man brakes & steering
Thipdar

Re: Light switch & removing instrument panel

Post by Thipdar »

jingo wrote:Thanks Thipdar. curious about the part number references...what source do you use to ID Ford part numbers?
Got the basic part numbers from page 5729 of the 1964/72 Ford Truck Master Parts and Accessories Catalog. Got that CD for about $25, and it's nearly 7,000 pages of information. Kinda like trying to drink from a fire hose.

Got the specific part numbers by running on-line searches off of the basic part numbers and some contrived prefixes. Both of the specific part number searches showed hits at Dennis Carpenter. Now that I go to their site, I can't find them listed in the catalog.
jingo wrote:And how does the Rear Counter site work? Although RC and some other, non-vendor sites show this part at DC, it is not in their catalog, or anyone else’s (LMC, Rock, eBay etc). As far as I can gather, most finds are salvage, or someone with a few stashed away. Nothing on eBay right now, so if someone has a couple on hand, that would be great!
I've no idea about Rear Counter. Don't think I've ever heard of it before.

Give Dennis Carpenter a call anyway and ask them: (800) 476-9653.

Considering that this is a steel bracket, any junkyard pull will probably be fine. The switches that are available these days are almost all reproductions.