How do you print the 1972 connector diagram?

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

KeithP

How do you print the 1972 connector diagram?

Post by KeithP »

I'm trying to print the 1972 master wiring diagram connector file but my microsoft edge wont let me print it in a larger form, just one page that is hard to read even with a magnifying glass. Same problem with google chrome. If you can tell me how to print a readable copy to use at the truck for electrical troubleshooting I'd appreciate it. Also one other question since I don't have the truck here to check: did 1972 F250 trucks with oil pressure gauges also have an oil pressure warning light? I plan to disconnect a prior owner's aftermarket gauge and get the factory oil pressure gauge working again. I need to know if I need to get both a pressure sensor and oil light sensor, or just the pressure sensor. Thanks in advance for any help.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: How do you print the 1972 connector diagram?

Post by sargentrs »

Right click on the image and select Save As a .jpg or .bmp file. It'll be a large picture then and you can print to legal size by scaling it down when printing.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Keith,
Even one step better is to order one of these laminated wiring diagrams and roll it up and keep it in the glovebox as I did for years.
I'm not seeing your 72' in his inventory but that usually doesn't mean much but that he might be out of them for the moment.
I'd shoot him an message to see if he has the 72' year model diagram: :wink:

http://stores.ebay.com/ClassicCarWiring ... 34.c0.m322
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Thipdar

Post by Thipdar »

KeithP wrote:I'm trying to print the 1972 master wiring diagram connector file but my microsoft edge wont let me print it in a larger form, just one page that is hard to read even with a magnifying glass. Same problem with google chrome. If you can tell me how to print a readable copy to use at the truck for electrical troubleshooting I'd appreciate it.
I will play around a little with this and see if I can print it out poster sized. I'll get back to you on this one.
KeithP wrote:Also one other question since I don't have the truck here to check: did 1972 F250 trucks with oil pressure gauges also have an oil pressure warning light? I plan to disconnect a prior owner's aftermarket gauge and get the factory oil pressure gauge working again. I need to know if I need to get both a pressure sensor and oil light sensor, or just the pressure sensor. Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm pretty sure they didn't run both. The Gauge vs. Light distinction on the Instrument Cluster is the main difference in the wiring for these trucks, and the difference extends under the hood as well as in the dash (the wiring at the Voltage Regulator is different, for one thing). Running both would have made for a wiring nightmare.

Power comes from the Instrument Cluster Constant Voltage Regulator, goes through the Oil Pressure Gauge and then to the Oil Pressure Sender. The Sender acts as a variable ground, and that effects the information displayed at the gauge. The ICCVR and the Instrument Cluster Connector are notorious for failures and wiring faults. You might want to also swap out your Instrument Cluster lamps while you've got the cluster out of the dash.

If you find that the gauge is in an "always on" state, check for shorts from the Oil Pressure Sender to the block. That wire can get hot and the insulation can get brittle, it sometimes falls off of the wire. If it shorts to the block, the short will bypass the Oil Pressure Sender.

You may gain a better understanding of what goes on with the '72 if you study the '70 diagram as well. It shows what's on the other side of a lot of the connectors. There's a lot of common functionality, although some of the wire colors seem to have changed between '70 and '72.

Let us know how things go for you!
Thipdar

Post by Thipdar »

Thipdar wrote:
KeithP wrote:I'm trying to print the 1972 master wiring diagram connector file but my microsoft edge wont let me print it in a larger form, just one page that is hard to read even with a magnifying glass. Same problem with google chrome. If you can tell me how to print a readable copy to use at the truck for electrical troubleshooting I'd appreciate it.
I will play around a little with this and see if I can print it out poster sized. I'll get back to you on this one.
I haven't been able to get it to print in poster mode.