Calling all f100/f250 Prerunners

Questions about 4WDs and related topics

Moderators: FORDification, Doug Comer

theskytoucher
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Calling all f100/f250 Prerunners

Post by theskytoucher »

IF you dont want to run with those big boys just yet run in the sportsman class there is no cash purse upon completion but you still get a tophy!!!
OH and im bragging now i get to go to the Laughlin desert challenge next weekend and Sal Fish gave me 5 vip tickets!!!!
-Troy-

1996 Dodge ram 1500 4x4
1976 Ford F-150 4x4

Quando Omni Flunkus Mortadi
When all else Fails Play Dead
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1971ford »

theskytoucher wrote:IF you dont want to run with those big boys just yet run in the sportsman class there is no cash purse upon completion but you still get a tophy!!!
OH and im bragging now i get to go to the Laughlin desert challenge next weekend and Sal Fish gave me 5 vip tickets!!!!
Exactly, sportsman is what we have run and what we will run next season. Entry fee is about $200 more for class 8 and we would get owned.

Nice! Should be pretty sweet...
Oh and where are the build pics :D
-Ryan
theskytoucher
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by theskytoucher »

i havent got to work on the truck yet, i have two jobs a fiance, a kid and im trying to move so the truck is last on the priority right now, im getting my house on the 21st so after that hopefully ill be able to co some work!
-Troy-

1996 Dodge ram 1500 4x4
1976 Ford F-150 4x4

Quando Omni Flunkus Mortadi
When all else Fails Play Dead
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Truck is back home safe and sound, after a long odyssey that included multiple stops at shops. Nothing major done. Just all relevant mechanical problems sorted out, leaks fixed, and a full exhaust (flowmaster 40s that dump under the cab) done to it by an amazing little shop here in AZ. Ill have video of the system once I get the truck up and running. It seems the mechanical pump drained itself dry and the truck refuses to start. It only has 2 gallons in the tank, if that, so I am going to fill it tomorrow as best I can by fuel can. Should I put a little gas directly into the carb to help it start? No experience with that. Damned fuel pump comes back to haunt me again. Just need to get a good electric one in there and be done with it, but the stupid incab tank ruins that. I really need to find someone who can do that slick mustang tank swap for me. Visually, the truck hasn't changed much apart from the fenders being cut. They didn't do the best job but it works for now (the tires clear) and it will look better once painted. I'm not about to dump $1200 on a fiberglass front clip on a non-race vehicle. The tow truck driver just happened to be a part time fabricator with his own little shop, and he knows a guy near him that will paint the truck, and he will do the bumpers as well.

I was about to give up on the truck but a few things happened:
1.) I pulled into my college parking lot and what do I see? A fully done up bumpside with a beautiful pearl gunmetal grey paintjob, bumpers and the works. It was inspiring.
2.) 4WheelParts.com emails me a magazine with an F100 on the front done up beautifully as well. Another omen.
3.) Uncle Sam owes me a ton of money on my tax returns due to me being a poor college student. I can fix up the truck without feeling guilty about spending my savings

The problem I have is that I may go to college out of state, and by that I mean a COLD state where a carburated truck isn't ideal. What kind of modifications would I have to make in order to get it to run reliably in the snowy Midwest? The bitch doesn't like to start in AZ "cold" weather much less freezing temps so I am not sure if I can keep it with me when I go off to university.
1972 2WD 351 Windsor F-100 - WIP
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1971ford »

Tycho wrote:Truck is back home safe and sound, after a long odyssey that included multiple stops at shops. Nothing major done. Just all relevant mechanical problems sorted out, leaks fixed, and a full exhaust (flowmaster 40s that dump under the cab) done to it by an amazing little shop here in AZ. Ill have video of the system once I get the truck up and running. It seems the mechanical pump drained itself dry and the truck refuses to start. It only has 2 gallons in the tank, if that, so I am going to fill it tomorrow as best I can by fuel can. Should I put a little gas directly into the carb to help it start? No experience with that. Damned fuel pump comes back to haunt me again. Just need to get a good electric one in there and be done with it, but the stupid incab tank ruins that. I really need to find someone who can do that slick mustang tank swap for me. Visually, the truck hasn't changed much apart from the fenders being cut. They didn't do the best job but it works for now (the tires clear) and it will look better once painted. I'm not about to dump $1200 on a fiberglass front clip on a non-race vehicle. The tow truck driver just happened to be a part time fabricator with his own little shop, and he knows a guy near him that will paint the truck, and he will do the bumpers as well.
Sounds good, yeah put a little bit of gas right down the top of the carb to prime it a little, instead of cranking the starter over and over, killing it. Just pop the air cleaner off and dump a little gas in there, not a whole lot, just a table spoon or something.
Paint/bumper plans sound good, can't wait to see it
-Ryan
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4RQEvFgN2U[/video]

video. pics later. Still around. Need to get the truck appraised by guys on here.

System is about 5x louder in person. People get out of the way :evil:

1972 2WD 351 Windsor F-100 - WIP
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

my trucks a 76' F250 2wd with a 4" lift, although mine is not in the year range of this site, do you mind if I chime in from time to time? :D
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1971ford »

Nice bump, prerunner thread shall live forever!
Just ordered 3 sticks of DOM 1.75" .120 tubing to do an engine cage for 16" coilovers i have. Putting the dash tube tucked behind the dash, and building more to the bed cage.
Tearing the truck down right now!

7D6F250 wrote:my trucks a 76' F250 2wd with a 4" lift, although mine is not in the year range of this site, do you mind if I chime in from time to time? :D
Go for it!!!
Are you on desertrides by chance? or DR?
-Ryan
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

yea 71ford, we've met on Desertrides, I hang around with chasetruck, and I lurk around racedezert and dezertrangers from time to time. also on fordtruckenthusiast. I'm always looking to see what other ford guys are doin' and I remembered you talking about this site.
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

I-beam 3.jpg
I-beam 1.jpg
I-beam 2.jpg
here's a couple shot of my Autofab beams/ coils.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

front profile.JPG
bed box.jpg
460 rebuilt.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1971ford »

still jealous of how nice the engine looks lol
-Ryan
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

that was fresh out-of-the-shop, it's a little dirty now! hopefully gettin' some aliminum valve covers and clamp on air/oil seperator/ breathers for x-mas, but my 3 kids presents come first, so we'll see! I'll post some pic's of my new skid chasetruck built me, and I got newer wheels off a 96-97 -ish F250.
71highboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 71highboy »

i like it :fr:
hawkins1

Post by hawkins1 »

Dont know if anyone has seen these pics yet, but here they are:

ImageImageImageImage