Spicer locking hubs parts

Questions about 4WDs and related topics

Moderators: FORDification, Doug Comer

eggman918
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Spicer locking hubs parts

Post by eggman918 »

The original locking hubs on my '68 are in need of some attention,the bushing that the "dog" that is on the stub shaft runs in when the hubs are freewheeling are shot and I've finely run out of spare parts :(
Ti's P/N 1A023 on this diagram http://www.fordification.com/tech/image ... b-7172.jpg
The original locking hubs on my '68 are in need of some attention,the bushing that the "dog" that is on the stub shaft runs in when the hubs are freewheeling are shot and I've finely run out of spare parts :(
I'm a big fan of the old Spicer hubs as they have served me well for 25 years and the truck for 48.......so I want to see if there is any interest
in these bushings :?
I'm gonna make me a set from SAE 660 bronze and before I order material I wanted to see who else might need/want a pair.
If your hubs have become more difficult to disengage over time you might check them out,on mine the bushing "shavings" compromised at least the
outboard wheel bearing and their was enough wear on bushing that I will need to go in at least to the point of removing the spindle to inspect the bushing in it that the stub shaft runs in............hope it's OK........ :pray:
I've found a drop of bronze on Epay but if many want these I can get a 13" piece.......
If any of Y'all need a pair PM me and I'll get the amount of correct material to fill our needs.
Thanks,
Steve.
Steve

The"Filthy Beast"- '68 F-250 Crew Cab 131"W/B 4x4 4BT compounds hx30/Wh1c,5x.012" sac injectors/ZF 5/NP203-205 /3.54 44 trutrack front/60 trutrack rear on 33's. 2nd owner

"Beauty is only skin deep....Ugly is to the bone"
It is more important to understand what you don't know than what you do know,because then you can start to learn..???
"you must deal with the attaboys and the ass chewing s with your head up and looking them in the eyes" T.J.E. aka My Dad
There are only three types of people wolves, sheepdogs, and sheep. What are you?