Hood alignment

Moderator: FORDification

mahanson

Hood alignment

Post by mahanson »

I'm guessing the hood on my '72 must have flown up in somebody's face at some point. The slight mis-alignment is kind of annoying though. Any suggestions on how to approach bending stuff or replacing stuff or hammering stuff to get it back?
'72 Sport Custom
360 Auto
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Hood alignment

Post by FORDification »

Hey there...welcome to the forums. When you get a chance, make a post in the Welcome Mat and tell us about yourself and your truck. :)

Chances are if the hood has flown up at highway speeds, at the very least the hood hinges are bent. While I suppose it's possible to straighten them out, I think it would be a whole lot easier in the long run to just replace them. I think if it was me trying to figure out if it WAS the hinges. I'd simply remove them and see if the hood lays down where it was supposed to and wasn't kinked.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
mahanson

Post by mahanson »

Good idea. Thanks.
'72 Sport Custom
360 Auto
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

It's possible that the hinges are just worn out. You can tell when the back of the hood sticks up and has that racer look. Worn hood hindges can't be fixed but you can find quite a few on ebay. The later ones in '71(?) are better designed and not as flimsly as the earlier ones if you go junkyard hunting.

Hey, welcome to the site!