Where does this go?

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

67 F100

Where does this go?

Post by 67 F100 »

In the lower center is a spacer that I think is broken in to two pieces.

What is this and where does it go?

When I took my steering column apart it just fell out and I wasn't able to remove it myself so I would know where it went. I checked the catalogs but don't see it in the steering column parts.

HELP! Looking For Horn Button Guts

Mike
'67 F100
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Where does this go?

Post by sargentrs »

I've never that part before and I've rebuilt 2 columns. Your turn signal switch is broken in pieces, maybe its part of that? Compare yours to the photo at the bottom of this page and you'll see what I mean. http://www.fordification.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
elgemcdlf
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by elgemcdlf »

Your column is really rough isn't it? No idea on the piece you reference but along with the TSS I see the tab is broken loose from the shift tube.
tbone6
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tbone6 »

Maybe the contact ring for the horn button from the wheel?
t6
1972 F100
Green23

Post by Green23 »

That looks like a broken "wave washer" that goes between the shift collar and the steering column housing. There is a lip inside the small end of the shift collar that the washer rides on. I haven't seen that for sale anywhere- try carolina classics
1968 F-100 Ranger
tbone6
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tbone6 »

Green23 wrote:That looks like a broken "wave washer" that goes between the shift collar and the steering column housing. There is a lip inside the small end of the shift collar that the washer rides on. I haven't seen that for sale anywhere- try carolina classics
:yt:
I think you might win the prize!
t6
1972 F100
67 F100

Post by 67 F100 »

Yup Green23 is correct. I went back at after posting and looked for wear marks and that exactly where it goes.

Now to find one. I might have to weld it back together and grind it flat.

This column was a bit rough but is getting back in order. I welded the tab back to the shift tube and picked up a new turn signal switch. Of course the signals still didn't work. Looks to me like the PO had the switch go bad and was keeping one brake light on so he disconnected the flasher and the emergency signal switch to turn it off.
HELP! Looking For Horn Button Guts

Mike
'67 F100