newbie F series owner in need of help

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

DickyOB

newbie F series owner in need of help

Post by DickyOB »

Hello all
My name is Richard I'm 45 and I work for Ford Motor Company UK as a Truck Mechanic as in 'Semi' I think you call them in the USA. Mainly Volvo and M.A.N.
I do a lot of work on my friends farm fixing and driving his John Dears, I love country music, beer, whisky, (not aloud guns here :( have to make do with shoting rats with an air riffle). (This world's so diverse). I have always loved pickups, my first being an 83' Toyota Hilux at 17 years old (the age you can start to drive here in the UK) I've since had many different types. But only one american before, many years ago and that was another 83' (by chance) F150 short bed with a hopped up cleveland 351, god that was a mad fast truck, I loved hanging that out side ways.The open pipes used to set of car alarms :rock:

But now I'm older and wiser/stupier? so I now have got myself a stock F100 Custom long bed with a 300 straight 6, a bit later than your sites recomended 67-72 as It's a 78 sorry, but I joined this forum as I really need some help with it. I bought it as a fresh import from the USA, I'm sure someones old dead truck that was snapped up for 200 bucks then shipped to the UK and stuck on ebay. I have spent over $2000 rebuilding the engine as it was worn due to a lack of oil changes. (Why so much? I have to pay lots of US export duty on parts, but it works both ways) it has been rebored, reground and all new shiny bits inside. I have spend many hours fitting, cleaning, rubbing and painting this engine. All I want to do now isto start it and enjoy my little bit of americarna. but the engine mounts of all things have stopped me. The old ones were toast so I bought some news ones from a UK supplier ready for when the engine was finish and didn't question it. but when I went to fit the engine back in the truck the mounts are far too wide as they are so much beefier than the stock ones. I bought all the engine rebuild bits from Summit Racing and found they have excellent customer service so I ordered another set of mounts from them but they were the same as I had. I contacted Summit Racing and they couldn't help, saying 'they are the only parts they supply for that engine'. Can someone please tell me why this is? as they do not fit my truck at all. the frame mounts look original.
I have photos but I can't work out how to upload them to this thread. sorry better with a spanner then a pc.

if I click on box above i just get this:

[image][/image] or
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: newbie F series owner in need of help

Post by Jacksdad »

I add pictures as an attachment. When you open the dialogue box to post a reply, at the bottom left you'll see "options" and "attachments" tabs. Click on attachments, and then "add files". Search for the picture you want and double click on it. After that, all you have to do is click "place inline" and it's in your post. No third party hosting and no hassle.
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
DickyOB

Post by DickyOB »

Thanks I give it a go.
Here are the new mounts on the original frame mounts, it has always a l6 300 truck

The part numbers are ANI-2441 ANI-2442
20170830_135317.jpg
20170830_135333.jpg
20170830_140303.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DickyOB

Post by DickyOB »

20170912_164657.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by lennyp »

:wel: from Massachusetts.
DickyOB

Post by DickyOB »

Thanks Massachusetts
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

Welcome aboard from Northern Calif.
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8
DickyOB

Post by DickyOB »

Thanks, I'm glad to be here

I've started the motor mount topic in the proper place: main forum, 'Engines' New motor mounts too big