Dennis Carpenter - Canadian Experience

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Dennis Carpenter - Canadian Experience

Post by Bullitt74 »

Just thought I'd give guys a heads up if you are ordering from Dennis Carpenter (DC) into Canada. UPS charges enormous fees for brokerage and handling. I ordered about $250 worth of parts, was charged $75 for shipping from DC (heavy cab mounts), then got stuck with another bill in the mail for $80 about a month later from UPS Canada.

I ordered the side trim kit ($600) with the 8' mouldings, that were shipped with Fed-Ex, and was only charged $109 CAD total. I'd recommend shipping with FedEx or USPS rather than UPS if you bringing product into Canada (unless you have a business account with UPS).

My $0.02. The DC Parts are of excellent quality, and will continue to do business with them
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070
cdnwillyg
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Dennis Carpenter - Canadian Experience

Post by cdnwillyg »

Hey Steve I have used Uptown cruisers in Prince George and he is way cheaper. You still get charged whatever they charge in the USA but he then picks it up and ships to you from there and only charges either trucking or mail charges. I have used him twice and things went well so far.
Just another option.
Willy
1968 Mercury M250 Camper Special
FE-390,570CFM 4bbl, C6 Automatic, PS, PB front disk.
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
:drive:Willy
Redcrew71

Post by Redcrew71 »

nice to know...had to buy a c clip for my shift linkage for $1.80 or so...added new signal light unit and wiring for my steering wheel. all in us $48 or so with shipping and they dinged me another $14 duty.
jamesdfo

Post by jamesdfo »

Steve: UPS has been pulling this **** for YEARS on across the border deliveries, despite the fact that it's basically illegal........See the thread below, and read the info in the link within the thread, it's an eye opener:)

http://www.canadianrodder.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=10554

And when I first heard of UPS's RAping & Pillaging practices years ago, I started asking US vendors who they intended to ship my order through.....and if they said UPS, I'd tell them "Wrong Answer", sometimes they would agree to ship it through another Co (USPS, etc), sometimes they would say "That's the only shipper we use", in which case I would say, "Well then, I'll find another vendor"

James