IPVR

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

68rookie

IPVR

Post by 68rookie »

I always manage to make things difficult. Years ago I bought a homemade IPVR from someone on this site. Don't remember who, but it was just basically two wires with one end of it having the two wires enclosed together in some sort of rubber?? Anyway, like a dumbass when I put that on I took the two original wires and tossed them. I'm needing to replace the IPVR again, and since I can't find one like this guy made me, I need to buy one that looks like the original. Problem is I don't have the wires that go it. Can they be bought anywhere or do I need to make some? If I need to make some I'm not sure what gauge wire I need, what size connector etc..... Any advice would be appreciated.
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am!
1968 F-100 Longbed 390/C6
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: IPVR

Post by 390FE1972 »

I'm not sure what size the IPVR connectors are, but here is a list of wires with gauge sizes in case you need to make some wires. You might try posting on the parts wanted section. I also posted the 1968 wiring for the instrument cluster. Hope this helps!

http://www.fordification.com/tech/wirin ... -chart.gif (click on the chart to enlarge it)
http://www.fordification.com/tech/wiring/68-04.jpg

Regards :thup:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
68rookie

Post by 68rookie »

Thanks for your response :-)
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

"68rookie"I always manage to make things difficult. Years ago I bought a homemade IPVR from someone on this site. Don't remember who, but it was just basically two wires with one end of it having the two wires enclosed together in some sort of rubber?? Anyway, like a dumbass when I put that on I took the two original wires and tossed them. I'm needing to replace the IPVR again, and since I can't find one like this guy made me, I need to buy one that looks like the original. Problem is I don't have the wires that go it. Can they be bought anywhere or do I need to make some? If I need to make some I'm not sure what gauge wire I need, what size connector etc..... Any advice would be appreciated.
You should just be able to strip the two wire ends and put new terminal ends onto them based on what IPVR you get, (my memory has the 71/72 IPVR with a "9 volt battery terminal" type connection on them).
This might help:

Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
68rookie

Post by 68rookie »

I've got a 68, has spade connectors on it. Thanks for the info!!