Gauges

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
towens

Gauges

Post by towens »

I had seen some of the pickups within the 67-72 range that have some gauges and had me think of what I could do to mine.

The gauges that I was thinking of installing on mine are the folowing:
-Tachometer
-Autometer Pyrometer

What I am asking is which gauges have been the most useful to you and how much did those meters cost you. I don't have a lot of extra spending cash because of school. Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

TOWENS
TRAVIS OWENS
"Never argue with an idiot; they will only drag you down to their level" -Anonymous

1972 F-250 CAMPER SPEC: SPORT CUSTOM 360 2WD; C6

1995 Ford Mustang V6; C4

1981 Honda 70c Passport Cub

1982 Honda Trail 110
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: Gauges

Post by jor »

I like to have a tach along with engine coolant, battery (volt or amp meter) and oil. That's pretty much the standard set. Of course, you can add a vacuum gauge, transmission temp and so on. The 67-72 stock "gauged" unit includes water temp, oil pressure and battery charge although most of us choose to replace or replicate these with add ons. There's all kinds of different ways to set it up. Here's a couple of photos for starters.
jor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
towens

re: Gauges

Post by towens »

Thanks for the pics Jor. I think I will add those to my truck this summer once I get the chance. :thup:
TRAVIS OWENS
"Never argue with an idiot; they will only drag you down to their level" -Anonymous

1972 F-250 CAMPER SPEC: SPORT CUSTOM 360 2WD; C6

1995 Ford Mustang V6; C4

1981 Honda 70c Passport Cub

1982 Honda Trail 110