****NEW PROJECT****

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Ford390pwr

****NEW PROJECT****

Post by Ford390pwr »

I have just started a new project today! Visit the links below and follow my progress!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: ****NEW PROJECT****

Post by FORDification »

Wow...that looks like an awesome start for a project. I was checking out your pics and noticed that of the pics sent to you by the seller, there's a shot of the driver's side that appears to show some rust along the roof driprails. Is that area rusty or just the way the pic looks?

I'll be watching for your updates! :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Ford390pwr

Re: re: ****NEW PROJECT****

Post by Ford390pwr »

FORDification wrote:Is that area rusty or just the way the pic looks?
That is what you see from a vehichle that has sat for a while in the Northwest! Actually, it was just some debris from a tree, and when I got there to pick up the truck, most of that was gone from lifting the cab with his boom truck.

I wish I could of gotten some pics from when we loaded it on the flatbed, because this boom truck made easy work of lifting that cab! The problem was we got down there at about 5:15 in the evening and it was just too dark! :cry:

I just spent the better part of the afternoon removing the clip and lifting the cab from my flatbed! Boy was that ever scary!
This was the look on my face when I finally got the right angle to support the weight with my cherry picker :eek:
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Ford390pwr wrote:...This was the look on my face when I finally got the right angle to support the weight with my cherry picker :eek:
You lifted that Crewcab with a cherry-picker?? I definitely wish I could have seen that. You must have a good-sized unit ...errr.....cherry picker!

I know some people have asked on the forums before how to lift a cab off a truck and I've always suggested that they use a cherrypicker, and wished I had a photo to show them. The next time you do a site update, you should reattach the hoist and get a shot, just so people can have the visual to try to mock up something similar.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
Ford390pwr

Post by Ford390pwr »

FORDification wrote:
Ford390pwr wrote:...This was the look on my face when I finally got the right angle to support the weight with my cherry picker :eek:
You lifted that Crewcab with a cherry-picker?? I definitely wish I could have seen that. You must have a good-sized unit ...errr.....cherry picker!
I definetley was a trial and error process! I wanted to get some pics, but once I got it clear of the flatbed, I just wanted to get it on the ground quick. I am sure that the Cherry picker would work better on a regular cab because it would be easier to balance.

I will try to get some pics as I will be rearranging everything now that it is on the ground.
Ford390pwr

Post by Ford390pwr »

I just added some pictures of what the cab looked like after a little bit of cleaning was done. I am trying to get some more done tonight and will keep you all up to date!
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

now this is the way to lift a cab off the frame!
By the way,if this cab looks similar, its the same cab, I sold it last summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
Ford390pwr

Post by Ford390pwr »

72hiboy4x4 wrote:now this is the way to lift a cab off the frame!
By the way,if this cab looks similar, its the same cab, I sold it last summer.
So did Heath make a profit from it or did he have other plans???

Also, please let me know if you have any other pics of the trucks previous life!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

So let me see if I'm understanding this correctly....you sold the cab and then bought it back? Cool!

You method of lifting the cab off is pretty similar to how I did it with several while parting out some trucks:
http://www.fordification.com/images/69cabremoval2.jpg
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
Ford390pwr

Post by Ford390pwr »

FORDification wrote:So let me see if I'm understanding this correctly....you sold the cab and then bought it back? Cool!
Keith, you are confused... Let me explain!

72hiboy4x4 lives in Kelso WA, which is close to Portland. He sold the cab to the guy that I purchased it from.

So the guy I got it from just held on to it for a little while before he sold it to me!

Does this make sense now???
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Ah, OK. Gotcha. :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

I posted a couple more pics of the boom truck lifting the cab off the chassis. check my gallery. bill, i sent you an Email, also.
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
Ironbelly67

Post by Ironbelly67 »

Wow. Lots of sweet steel, not much bad rust at all from waht I can see.
*1967 F 250+390+NP435
*1967 F 100+352+C6
*1972 F 100+351+C?
1970 D 100
1953 IHC R-110 USMC+MVPA
1950 IHC R 110 Panel
1936 HighCab 1Ton
2004 Ford Expidition XLT
*FORD tops the list