67 F100 on Barrett Jackson

General Discussion Topic Archives
Randle

67 F100 on Barrett Jackson

Post by Randle »

Have an of you guys seen this 67 f100 on the Barrett Jackson website. It sold for $12,690
It looks like the Project 67 truck on the bumpsides website.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionr ... ?id=179800
or this sharpe 51 Cab Over, it sold for $75,600
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/s ... ?id=180248
oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: 67 F100 on Barrett Jackson

Post by oldschoolrods »

I would probably give 12k for that 67 If I had the money I'd rather spend that money on that truck than a new one
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Yeah, that IS a very sharp-looking '67. Overall it's very nice, but I don't know if I'd have cut some of the corners this guy took when he built it. The overall impression is very good, but some of the details weren't really thought out. For example:
  • 1)I'd have found a better way of routing the power window wires to the cab rather than just zip-tying them to the hinge. When I get around to doing the cab work and hanging the doors, I'm going to round up some late-model wire protector/shields, the kind that stretch between the door and the jamb. It's a much cleaner look.
    2) I do NOT like the way he routed the A/C lines underhood. That just looks sloppy.
    3) It looks like a very clean install of an auxiliary tank fuel door, but the round door looks out of place. A square door would have looked more correct, I think.
Overall a very nice truck...and probably worth (almost) the 12K it went for.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

I noticed the AC lines as well. :o

I'm pretty sure (nearly positive) that is the Bumpsides project truck. I think he was a member on the old site Lbell202 or something like that. I thought I remeber'd it being a 351M not a 351C though.

If that is the truck, it started out as a pretty nice truck, and a lot (most) of the modifications aren't really my taste, but to each his own.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
Randle

Post by Randle »

What caught my eye was the wiring and hoses in general under the hood. A little more time spent there would have really complimented the amount of work he spent on the truck. I also agree with Keith on the gas tank door, mine is mounted over the spare tire and I want a square door when I start my bed work.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Thats definately the Bumpsides truck.

http://www.bumpsides.com/project.html :hmm:
Robert

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: re: 67 F100 on Barrett Jackson

Post by FORDification »

DuckRyder wrote:Thats definately the Bumpsides truck.

http://www.bumpsides.com/project.html :hmm:
Well, I'll be darned...that IS Larry's truck! Now I feel a little guilty for nit-picking a former member's project. :oops: Yes, he used to be a member at the old forums before we upgraded to the new ones, but he never made it over when the change was made. There hasn't been a post made by him on his messageboard since last September, so I'm guessing he's letting it go.

Hmmm....I wonder if he'll keep his website, now that the project is done?
Last edited by FORDification on Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
1968Ranger

Post by 1968Ranger »

Seems as if part of his site has already been disabled. I got several error messages while trying to navigate through it. All things being said, " I wouldn't kick that truck out of my garage." :twisted:
Randle

Post by Randle »

willowbilly3 wrote:He got about the max one of these trucks will fetch. .
Here's a 71 Barrett Jackson sold that brought $17,280. It looks pretty much stock. Very nice truck, but seems a little high priced.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionr ... ?id=171549
Last edited by Randle on Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Randle wrote:
willowbilly3 wrote:He got about the max one of these trucks will fetch. .
Here's a 71 Barrett Jackson sold that brought $17,280. It looks pretty much stock. Very nice truck, but seems a little high priced.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionr ... ?id=171549

Crappy pictures.

It appears to be fantasic quality, appears "as new".

IMHO That truck is worth considerably more than the other one. $.02
Robert

dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dotcentral »

Larry posted awhile back (I think that was on the old site) that he was thinking about selling it, asking for people's opinions on what price he should ask. Not sure if it was finished when he was talking about all that.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
lbell101

Post by lbell101 »

Sure, make me register so I can put in my .02.

Guys, the truck ain't perfect but I'd put it up against any one I've seen so far. People just don't work on these trucks because they aren't worth much. You have to love the body style. Overall, there aren't too many that are nicer.

I do not like the wire ties either. It was to be a temp measure until I could get some sort of cover fabbed. There isn't much area to work with there. Until you have actually tried to get wires hidden there, it doesn't seem that difficult.

The routing under the hood for hoses was pretty much the only way it could be done with the hoses VA sends with the kit. I wouldn't put the kit in at all if I had to do it over again, it sucks. The 351C gives very limited mounting options as well. I think if I had a way to make the hoses myself it would be cleaner. Positioning is further complicated by the limited area under the dash.

The Ford emblem on the on the F600 cluster? WTF, I like it and I'd do it again. Yes, it covers some garbage in the casting, so what? That cluster looks and operates the best it possibly could. I guess one could have the unit recast and chromed without the extra holes and missing ribs :roll:

As long as we're picking on one of the nicer 67 F100's out there...
I'd use a different seat, I could never get really comfortable. I'd move the engine forward about 6 inches for more room. I'd find a way to get some heat out of that engine in the cold temps. I'd kill myself before I'd use those mirrors again. I wouldn't waste my time on an AOD.

The gas door... I like it. I'll probably do it again. The radiator hose.. I spent hours at 2 auto supplies with a bent coat hanger before I gave in.

To be honest, you're criticism isn't as bad as being in the staging lines at BJ listening to the bidders. Still, I always live by the car show rule my Dad told me when I was really young as I was cutting down someones car. "Boy, until you have one nicer and can prove it, shut up". What's interesting is that no matter what car was there, someone was ripping on it. Even Boyds 57 Chev which is perfect in my opinion.

Anyway, it's gone. It was a long couple weeks. I bought a 89 E350 14' cube van from U-haul, loaded it up with gas pumps, coke machines, and jukes. Pulled the 61 Tbird (ya, that 61 just before the truck was mine too) behind and drove 2000 miles to the show. A friend towed the truck. Vended for 5 days and sold the vehicles as the first cars on Thursday morning. I guarantee the truck would have taken 3 grand more two hours later. Overall it was a good experience. I've sold there before and the operators were definately friendlier that before.

BTW, it really sold for $11,750 and I have to pay 10% out of that. They add the buyers fee on the sale price for publication. I agree that it's pretty close to the top end for the truck and certainly more than I could have gotten locally. I used the truck for a year and it was starting to show some wear.

Larry
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Larry! Long time no see! Glad you decided to pop in and stick up for yourself. ;) Please don't take our armchair criticisms personally...it was mostly just friendly banter....with a couple strong doses of jealousy too! ;)

You did good, and don't let anyone tell you differently! You'll notice that about the only things we were nitpicking were the minor details...the overall execution on this project was superb! :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

I'm sure the staging lanes at BJ could be a bit harsher than us, that is a tough crown I bet.

"VA" is Vintage Air? Bad kit huh? That is good information because I've been looking at AC kits.
Robert

jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

Happy to read your retort, Larry. If you can, please keep your website up. I find it very useful as I am sure others do. As for me, I really like your old truck and I hope the new owner takes care of it for another 30 or 40 years.
jor