Installed the front end today

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Installed the front end today

Post by FORDification »

Well, I spent most of the day in the shop, finally getting the front end installed. Everything went pretty well. I got to the point where I was ready to run by the parts store and pick up some new front rotors, but didn't realize that they all closed here at noon, so I was SOL on getting it completely finished up. So I got started doing the final mockup of the auxiliary fuel tank. Got it completely installed, but had to do a few minor modifications...nothing serious. I'm tentatively planning on spending the day in the shop again tomorrow just working on the fuel tank....it's gonna take me a full day's worth of sandblasting to clean the tank and skid plate.

I took a bunch more pics and plan to put together another website update page, either this evening or tomorrow evening. I'm home alone with our 1-month-old, and he's not very happy. :(

I also got the shocks installed after this pic was taken. All that's left is the steering linkage and brake hardware. Next week I plan to pick up the brake rotors and some brakeline to start plumbing the lines front to back, so I can get the fuel tank installation finished up.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Installed the front end today

Post by FORDification »

Got the updated webpage posted. Go to http://www.fordification.com/my67-p31.htm for more pics of today's activities.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Spent a good part of today in the shop getting the front end finished up. Got the rest of the steering linkage hooked up, then packed the new wheel bearings and installed them, installed the new rotors and calipers...

...and finally bolted on the wheels/tires. The front tires of the '67 are on the ground for the first time in almost a year! :clap: :woohoo:

Then got started on the back end....got the rear brake assemblies put together. All that remains on the back end to get a complete rolling chassis is to get new bearings pressed onto the axles and new drums installed.

I was planning on re-using the rear brake line (across the differential), but when I got started cleaning it up, I decided that maybe I'd be better off just replacing it too. So the only brake lines that won't be replaced will be those from the master cylinder down to the proportioning valve. Everything else will be custom bent. I'll be investing in a good double-flaring tool sometime very shortly.

I took more pics and will probably do a regular update to the website tomorrow evening.

So...the plans for the next month include replumbing all the brake and fuel lines and getting the fuel tank cleaned up and reinstalled. And then...I'll be back to work on the cab! I'm taking a 4-day weekend this coming weekend to take a road trip to go visit my dad and introduce him to his new grandson, so there won't be any more work done on the truck for a couple weeks.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
1968flareside
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1968flareside »

Keith, I only wish I had the time, money and idea where to start. It looks great. I AM jealous!! :D
1968 F-100 Flareside
1999 F-150 XLT 4X4
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10023

:fte: and :fr: DON'T FORGET!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: re: Installed the front end today

Post by FORDification »

1968flareside wrote:Keith, I only wish I had the time, money and idea where to start. It looks great. I AM jealous!! :D
I wish I had more of all of that myself! I might have this done a lot quicker. But I appreciate the thumbs-up. :D Thanks! The whole project is actually fairly reasonable in price...I'm just setting aside a little out of every paycheck to fund this...with the occasional sale of extra parts to help out.

In case anyone's interested, I've added another project update page with a few more pics HERE
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
1968flareside
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1968flareside »

Patience isn't my best trait! I've always wanted to rebuild a complete vehicle!

Anyway, it looks great!
1968 F-100 Flareside
1999 F-150 XLT 4X4
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10023

:fte: and :fr: DON'T FORGET!!