Stripped the '67 F250 cab today...

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Stripped the '67 F250 cab today...

Post by FORDification »

Spent the day in the shop today getting the F250 cab stripped down. I've done this so many times over the past year that I've almost got this down to an art...I had the cab completely stripped, except for the wiring harness, in just about 4 hours....but that was with taking frequent breaks.

I also got the cab disconnected and ready to hoist off. The rear bolts came right out with no problems, and the nuts for the front mount bolts also came right off. However, the bolts were rusty and had become very intimate with the bushings, so it took me almost 2 hours just to get them removed from the front mounts. Had to cut one off.

But it's ready to hoist onto my chassis. I think what I'm going to do is go ahead and set it on my good chassis, and then lay it on it's back (onto a sheet of plywood) so I can clean up and coat the bottom.

Here's a shot of the stripped-down cab:

http://www.fordification.com/images/67- ... ping01.jpg

I'm going to see if my father-in-law, who has a hoist truck, can help me do the cab switcharoo next weekend. :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!