Update on my project

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Bobby

Update on my project

Post by Bobby »

:woohoo: I just wanted to let everyone know on the update of my project. I am restoring a 1972 Ford 250 2WD 3/4 ton but am making it look like a 1970 for the year I was born. I hauled it down to the paint and body shop yesterday afternoon so it can get painted. I am painting it Midnight Blue Poly it is the color chip from the 1972 Martin Senour Paints page from this web site. I am going to do the panels and headliner Gray and hopefully get a nice set of black armrests. It will be well worth the wait when it's painted. I will be finally getting rid of that lime green. :D
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Update on my project

Post by GT-Racer »

Hey bobby good luck with the project. I'm in Parkersburg. and Darn glad to see someone else who isnt out west, :lol: . Drop me a line sometime and we can compare projects. BTW check out my thread in trucks for sale if you are interseted in a parts truck.
'67 F100 2wd shortbed - Beginning restoration.
351w, 5-speed, 3:70 gears (someday)

Drivin' a Chevy is Kinda Like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense....:)
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

8) It's nice to know there is a fellow Mountaineer close, I'm an hour and a half away from you in Fairmont. Hopefully you'll get your 67 done and we can go cruise when we get them finished. I have an Aunt that lives in Vienna right nearby. My Uncle passed away last year my Dad's only sibling. :(
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by GT-Racer »

Hey Bobby I work in Vienna, what street does she live on, I cover 18th to 23rd.

Drivin' a Chevy is Kinda Like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense....:)
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Scott, My Aunt did live on 20th Street but lives on a different street now,but I forget the name of it. My Uncle was a Horace Mann Insurance Agent his name was Gary Ryan and his office used to be beside Ohio Valley College in a little building with a few parking spaces in front along the main road. On the wheel molding you asked about I just got one it will be here anytime now.
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by GT-Racer »

I knew them, small world. I went to college with their two girls at OVC. Sorry to hear about his passing.

Bobby

Post by Bobby »

:D I wanted to let everyone know I went down to the body shop last week and they have the bed sanded down and have began work on my old 1972 "'70 Clone". I am hoping they will have it painted by summer when I can get plates and insurance on it.