Paint for my 71

Moderator: FORDification

Joshpow
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Paint for my 71

Post by Joshpow »

I just wanted to get some more opinions on paint for my 71 SWB. It will be a while before it gets paint, but I want some opinions on my ideas. I have thought of a 2 stage Ford Sonic Blue like the 04 mustangs had for the outside color with no trims other than maybe the wheel well chrome. On the interior, I had planned to use a medium to dark gray with black seat, floorboard, steering column/wheel, and dashpad with the chrome/black ranger door panel trim that covers the screws. I was wondering what other people think of the combo before I leap in and start spraying. Any advice would be appreciated.
Josh

72 F-100 Ranger XLT SWB
71 F-100 Custom SWB
67 F-350 Dually Dump
02 F-250 Stroke
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2972100
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Paint for my 71

Post by hardtailjohn »

Sounds good to me, Josh. The only thing I wouldn't do is the dark interior, but that's just because I don't like dark interiors to clean up or keep cool. They look awesome, but for my application, they make alot of extra work! I'm in the dust alot, but if I was in town or mostly hiway miles, I'd probably have it dark! I had a black Peterbilt one time, with a dark red interior... man, did that thing look classy when it was clean!
The main one to satisfy when you do a project like this is YOU... it's good to ask opinions, as sometimes someone else had an experience that we can all benefit from, but just remember to please YOU first and last!!
Can't wait to see pics!!
John H.
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!
BCOOLEY

Post by BCOOLEY »

heck out 1997 f150 blue! Paint code km I have done 2 trucks this colot and it looks great with light interior! Just my :2cents:
FORD BUILT EM TUFF WE BUILD EM BETTER!!
67F250CS
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67F250CS »

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Nice choice of color. :D I am thinking 05 Mustang Windveil Blue Metallic Clearcoat for mine.

This web site lets you see the colors and the codes. Check it out. Goes all the way back to 1952 up to 2006.
1967 F250 Camper Special
10MPG with key off, in neutral and going downhill!
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

finaly found out what CR meant in my color code Tu Tone
Sequoia brown metalic over Pure White. Yee Haw. Was a nice color chipped and faded but nice.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com