Clifford headers

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

clemm17

Clifford headers

Post by clemm17 »

In the 80s clifford headers were the best. I went to the local parts house and bought what I needed.
Now no one carries Clifford anymore and I am beginning to see why! There performance is fantastic. There price is very high! Now Im finding there service at best sucks.
I couldn't find the headers locally because no one wants to deal with clifford anymore. I went online and ordered a set of headers in the first week of MAY! I paid for them and expected to receive them directly. They said they didn't stock my headers anymore they would have to send an order to the shop, it would take a couple of weeks to get them to me. Im working on a 1971 F250 4X4 crewcab, this was understandable.
I called them back a couple weeks later they told me they had to custom build these, it would be the end of June! I called them back last week they said they were working on it. They had to be custom built. They had everything cut but they still had to weld it up. I would probably be looking at the second week of july before they could finish them.
I am a proffesional fabricator. A proffesional shop like clifford should have means they have to stick in an old floppy disk and the parts are cut and bent! Someone has to put the parts in place, grab a wire feed and squirt a weld around them. Worst case scenario here we are talking about 1/2 day of work. Did I mention I already paid for these and they were way overpriced to start with!
Im a patient man. I will reply to this again 7-11-08. If I don't have the headers in my possession by then, Im going to lose my patience, and ask everyone on the web, help make Clifford understand, this is not acceptable! :x
Thank You clemm@cableone.net