bumps with lowered altitude!! (lots of great custom bumps!!)

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: bumps with lowerd altitude!! (pics please)

Post by binder56jd »

those look like 10' s on the rear--that dish is pretty deep

btw-pearl--what do u have on the rears??
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: re: bumps with lowerd altitude!! (pics please)

Post by td »

427blackpearl wrote:if one of you cats had to guess,whats the tire size on that blue one with tourq thrust on it? i know the wheels are 15s. the front i guess are 15x7 the back 15x8/9/or10
those look like the cast line of torque thrusts, best i can remember there not to bad high $ wise. and they have a killer old school look with those grey centers,special on that color blue.
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

hey guys here's one of mine before i hit the deer that ruined the original hood,grill and bumper. i was just going for a little ride right around the house, i'd just bought it, didn't even have tags on it yet. cablaaam!!!!! o well i got lucky and found a grill nicer than the old one.Image
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: re: bumps with lowerd altitude!! (pics please)

Post by marz68 »

wt4speed#2 wrote:
marz68 wrote:
td wrote:marz and customcrewcab, you both have killer trucks! i would love just having the mustang 2 setup marz but seeing it lay the rockers on the ground like that is sick! :drool: that shot rolling down the road looks great. you say FREE WHEELS! how did you pull that off? what plans do you have for metal work and paint?
Thanks td, the wheels were given to me with one condition, that I would get a photo shoot of my truck on a major magazine.
As for the paint and body I don't know what color to go with yet but the body will have a few custom touches done to it??
speaking of custom touches any up dates on the chop? Windshield still holding you ransom?
wt4speed#2 check here for the update I did :wink: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &start=120
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

stock height Image lowered with 2" coils, 3" beams and a rear flip Image
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

my 22's on the front Image
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

The back of my 68 tucks a little of the 31x10.50 in the back with no clearance trouble. Another shot of the front with the 22's Image
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Image better view of front stance
LOWERED 69

Post by LOWERED 69 »

Heres mine all Djm suspension lowering parts and a homemade C-notch.

Pic from 2 years ago
Pics I took today....
She's been really gettin beat up lately I use her for scrap hauling and its my shop truck. I get alot of crap from my friends saying that my truck is useless yadda yadda. Yet I can haul an 18 foot flatbed trailer loaded with a full size car with no problems. :thup:
Once I get some projects out of the way and some $$ I plan on making a frame for it that will ride lower. Have a cummins 6bt and a 1 ton configuration on bags. Oh yea cant forget the stacks lol! anyways more pics...
Dan
'69 F350 Crew Cab
427blackpearl
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 427blackpearl »

after looking at that blue one with touqs i dont know if i want to run them or the salt flats.

binder the rear are 15x8 (i think) with 31x10.5

tybob is that a wood bed i see?
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

hey tybob--i am surprised someone hasn't brought to your attention your nomenclature booboo--Fords do not know what a "fleetside" is, nor do they recognize "stepsides"

they would be styleside and flareside respectively :wink:
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

427blackpearl, i saw your wheels for sale,man why don't you run them things they would look absolutely killer with those grey centers! makes me want them myself but unfortunately i can't aford'em either. mabe you just want me to run them for a while to make sure there ok :lol: .
427blackpearl
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 427blackpearl »

i would love for you to run them.just send me some salt flats and ill send these.
no really i bought them to go on pearl abouts 4 months ago. tryed one on there and it just didnt work for me. i guess im a little old school and like the 15s with big ol meats on them a little better.

td you should show the black and white pic of yours thats in the photobucket
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

i uderstand you like what you like, and the saltflats will look killer to. here's the black and white. Image
427blackpearl
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 427blackpearl »

ya thats the one,looks like it should be in a old camping ad in the woods ,some fishing poles,a dog,camp fire, you know the ad.