Update on rebuild

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Crazy_B

Update on rebuild

Post by Crazy_B »

Well I've finally got my motor tore down a couple of oil rings are stuck and my camshaft and bearings are worn out. So there's my smoking and my dead spot. It's gonna be expensive but its gotta be done. I wish that it didn't though. :cry:
I've always been crazy but it keeps me from going insane.
When life gets you down remember one thing. Its only a Highway so pull your Hat down tight and just Ledoux it.
crazy larry

re: Update on rebuild

Post by crazy larry »

yeah, but..... think about how nice it's gonna be to have a new motor when you are done...... :hd: :drive:
Larry

'72 F-250 Kustom 396 c.i.
Fotoes
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Hopefully it won't be TOO bad. :pray:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
Crazy_B

Post by Crazy_B »

I know. I'm really surprised. Wish ya'll could've seen the ridge in the cylinder. You could barely rake your finger acroos it. It would make you think it had been overhauled here recently. However, the main bearings are still stamped 1969. The year that the motor was made. So it has never been rebuilt before. Thats a good thing. Im going to get a kit that has everything I need in it including pistons. My pistons are still good, but since they come in the kit I'm going to put them on it anyway. Anyways I've already got everything cleaned up and honed out so I'm ready to get parts. If anyone wants to volunteer to help just make your checks payable to Crazy poor boy. Just send them to Brokensville. I live on Esxpensive Avenue. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've always been crazy but it keeps me from going insane.
When life gets you down remember one thing. Its only a Highway so pull your Hat down tight and just Ledoux it.