The 68 after a year of body work (on the road) pics

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

LANCE65
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: The 68 after a year of body work (on the road) pics

Post by LANCE65 »

Congrats! It's about time they start putting REAL trucks in those mags. I quit buying them because all you see are chebbies.Even as a chevy fan, I got sick of seeing nothing but chevies. I love your truck. As soon as I find the frame I need for mine,I can start and hopefully it will come out 1/2 as nice as yours. Awesome truck.
-Lance
2015 Camaro-2001 GMC Safari-1984 F250 6.9/T19 2wd-1974 Dodge D100 short fleetside~ 72 wife ~ late model kids, a Chocolate Lab named Coco and a white rabbit named Marshmallow...now I need a ferret named Graham and I will have S'mroes!!!..lol :D
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

here ya go mnagatani, i scanned the copy that come in the mail here. i was pleasantly surprised to see you on the cover!!! congrats!!!!

sport71
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by sport71 »

I got my custome classic trucks mag. today, congratulations! You must feel real good right now :D 8) :thup:
Those who do not learn the lessons of history, are doomed to repeat it.
Sazman

Post by Sazman »

Hey Mike
Congratulations on the magazine spread. That is a neat truck and I can't imagine how many hours you put in to it. Great job though, you deserve all the accolades. Take care.
Jay
1965 F-100 300-6 working on it, wanted a first year Twin I-Beam 300, now I gots one
1971 F-100 Custom 302 C4
1962 F-100 Custom Cab 292 3 on the tree, restoring, probably gonna sell it I guess. Love the engine.
1972 Maverick 2 DR 250 I-6, C4, restoring.
1978 F-150 always wanted one of these too. 300, 3+1 OD trans, pretty well preserved, working on it
1985 F-350 460 crew cab, rough as a cob

All these are southern Arizona desert trucks, little to no rust, but the sun takes its toll,ha.
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by sacramento_ford »

oh man the red is bitchen!!!
flawedchemical

Post by flawedchemical »

If you don't mind me asking...about how much does a paint job like that cost...I just picked up a 70 that I kinda want to do the same thing to (minus all the hole filling)...basically a good paint job inside and out to have a essentially new truck.... :thup: by the way...don't mean to hijack :fr: ...oh and this truck in that magazine is the reason I found this site...AWESOME truck...lwb fury :thup:
Last edited by flawedchemical on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68muscletruck

Post by 68muscletruck »

Last summer I picked up the 'Classic Trucks' Magazine with Kirk Johnson's "1968 Ford GT F100" and tore through the magazine cover to cover many many times from all the sweet ideas i was picking up from him bumpsides, and have been waiting for another issue with a stunning bumpside on the cover, so don't mean to beat a dead horse, but like everyone else i'm sure has already told you, Congrats on the mag, but not so much on the mag, more like CONGRATS ON BUILDING SUCH AN AMAZING TRUCK TO GET THE MAG's ATTENTION :) Job well done! Its the guys like you that help the rest of us find some new ideas and direction for our own project :)
Scotty George
http://scottysstripes.blogspot.com
1968 Ford F100 390 FE
mnagatani

Post by mnagatani »

68muscletruck,
"CONGRATS ON BUILDING SUCH AN AMAZING TRUCK TO GET THE MAG's ATTENTION"

I cant tell you how much that comment means to me! Having been in around the VW and street rod scene growing up, I could pick dozens of magazines off the rack and see what was going on with ideas and trends. When I started working on the ford, I was looking around and saying to myself, "why is this truck not being tricked out like the 67-72 chevys?" Every issue of Classic truck and Custom Classic truck had all but these era trucks in the magazine. I truly got inspired by a rendering that I'll have dig up and post up here of what got my crank going. Some of you may remember it from one of the two magazines (2005) time frame? I cant remember, but this artist took a stock truck photo image and used photoshop to create a tricked out version of it. The one I remember him doing was a 67 that was two-tone orange and white. He then altered it to a red and silver two tone with a flame graphic dividing the colors. It was slammed and boy it looked good! That concept drawing showed me that these truck can look so good. And thats what inspired me. I'll dig it up next week and post it. Anyways, thanks for the kinds words.

Mike
f100fordtruck

Post by f100fordtruck »

hey that is a NICE truck, and nice to see it on the cover of a magazine.
I'll get it one piece at a time and it wont cost me a dime...
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

Man that is one sweet truck. Thanks for posting all the updates, pictures, explanations and such. I needed the motivation for my 69. I am impressed you did it at home.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
68muscletruck

Post by 68muscletruck »

It didn't happen to be this one did it? this one was used in many issues throughout the past couple of years for the 'Bumpside Buildoff' column in Classic Trucks, I don't know for sure, but word on the street is they were calling it a 'Bumpside BuildOFF' because the two mag's CT and CCT were having a showdown or 'Buildoff' with the not so magazine mentioned trucks that were gaining popularity... I have yet to purchase an issue of CCT (the first is going to be the one with your truck on the cover ;) ) but maybe they had something similar in theirs, this is what i thought of when you said that :)

Scotty George
1968 Ford F100 390 FE
68muscletruck

Post by 68muscletruck »

PS, i wonder the same thing about why so many 67-72 Chev/GMC's are the ones being rodded and resto'd, when they look horrible slammed! the reason they look so awful slammed compared to their 61-66 predecessors and the bumpsides: 67-72 era Chev/GMC's have round wheel wells that pretty much expose the whole wheel and the curve of it... Bumpsides, even Dentsides, the era previous to the bumps (did someone call it a FLARESIDE?) and the 61-66 Chevs all look good slammed cause they've got those elongated wheel wells that help hide the top of the wheel and leaves room for a really big rim without showing the whole thing ;) to any of you that never picked up an issue, I'd encourage you to go to www.classictrucks.com and search BUMPSIDE BUILD OFF or BUMPSIDE BUILD ON, they've got some good ideas :) congrats again mnagatini!
Scotty George
1968 Ford F100 390 FE
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Check this months issue of Classic trucks page 90
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
quantumleap
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by quantumleap »

how bout the special in cct..on the green 71...almost as clean as nagatanis red sled...hey mike..did you paint or powdercoat that front bumper? im diggin the matching colored bumer/roll pan combo 8)
Last edited by quantumleap on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel--67' reg cab black shortbed/fe/4spd/ford 9
68muscletruck

Post by 68muscletruck »

hmmm, classic trucks called it the Bumpside Buildoff/on, while CCT referred to it as the Bulletside Buildoff
Scotty George
1968 Ford F100 390 FE