Fuse box diagram

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
truckjunky87

Fuse box diagram

Post by truckjunky87 »

Any one have a diagram of the fusebox for a '69 F250? Installing a gauge cluster and touched a wire where I shouldn't have and lets just say there was a pop and then some smoke. Looking at the fuse box all the fuse were good except one which had been replaced by a metal clip by previous owner so I've probably fried something else as my lights don't work any more. :oops:
-Braden Day
1969 Ford F-250 4x4 Highboy
1987 Chevy 4x4 1/2 ton
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Fuse box diagram

Post by FORDification »

Here's the diagram you requested, straight from the '69 owner's manual:

However, as you can see from this diagram, there is no fuse for the headlights. They have a circuit-breaker which is built into the headlight switch. Here is the page from the owner's manual which lists the fuses and bulbs for your truck:

Normally a circuit breaker will reset itself after a cool-down period. Have you tried it again to see if your lights are working now? If not, I'd guess you fried the switch. What wire did you accidentally ground out?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
truckjunky87

re: Fuse box diagram

Post by truckjunky87 »

I'll go try it again but I think, judging by the smoke, I may have fried it. I grounded a blue/red wire from the light switch.
-Braden Day
1969 Ford F-250 4x4 Highboy
1987 Chevy 4x4 1/2 ton