tx,mo,kan,ark,lahoma guys...lamberts (65 and cc) april 18th

List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: tx,mo,kan,ark,lahoma guys...lamberts (65 and cc) april 18th

Post by FordTruck »

I'm gonna pull a late one tonight finishing up everything my 70 needs and be ready to roll out sat morning. Worse come to worse I'll hook the tow bar to it and drag it to that shell next door to Lamberts and just drive it across the street :lol:
"Flyin High On Caffine And Copenhagen" R.I.P Chris LeDoux

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
72 Ford F100 on 79 4x4 SWB frame
77 Ford F250 "lowboy" 4x4
09 Harley Xl1200c
FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by FordTruck »

Does anyone going to the M&G happen to have a speedocalble with the little wheel and everything for a auto tranny?

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
09 Harley Xl1200c
FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by FordTruck »

dolinick wrote:. You can have the 4x4 if I get it. I forget what it needs but it's missing the front clip. yep, this is what he wrote, "I have a 1968 crew cab for sale for parts. The cab is fixable. No motor,trans or frontclip."

Dan
dolinick I might have to take you up on that offer for that 4x4 frame if you end up getting it. Since my house is olny like 8mi from Lamberts.

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
09 Harley Xl1200c
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

Chance of rain has been bumped up to 80% now. If its raining im not comming. Im going to have to trailer my truck over so its gonna be a PITA anyways.

Im going to watch the weather close tho, I'll let everyone know late Friday night.
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
mouse
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mouse »

dolinick wrote:
Oh, and by the way a gentleman said he had a 4x4 crew cab for sale. It's in St. Louis. If I can get it I don't want anything but the cab. I don't want to haul the whole @#$% thing back to texas. I hope it's a rolling chassis because I ain't got a trailer just a tow bar. I better stop. I am beginning to scare myself. You can have the 4x4 if I get it. I forget what it needs but it's missing the front clip. yep, this is what he wrote, "I have a 1968 crew cab for sale for parts. The cab is fixable. No motor,trans or frontclip."
what shape is the bed in and is it a long bed? if decent I'd be interested since mine is shot. it don't look like I will make it because my part has not come in yet, I am going to be picking up a rebuilt 351c and running tranny. I wonder if that will go in time
1971 F100 sport special 390 fe
1993 F250 4X4 ext-cab 6.9 idi
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by dolinick »

FordTruck wrote:
dolinick wrote:. You can have the 4x4 if I get it. I forget what it needs but it's missing the front clip. yep, this is what he wrote, "I have a 1968 crew cab for sale for parts. The cab is fixable. No motor,trans or frontclip."

Dan
dolinick I might have to take you up on that offer for that 4x4 frame if you end up getting it. Since my house is olny like 8mi from Lamberts.
I just got a message from the seller. He said the truck has alredy been parted out. He only has the cab for sale. I hope it still has the doors and glass for the rear!
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by dolinick »

I almost decided to give up on the trip again. I'm not down for the count yet though. I went to College Station and picked up my computer stuff and then drove on. When I passed Waco I must have been driving too fast. The truck is leaking some oil near the new head gasket. I almost forgot my distributor cap and rotor needed replaced and it's now acting up a bit as well. I'm going to spend friday getting that back in working order. I need to find an Accell dealer here in Hilsboro, TX or replace the entire distributor.

If I make it to Ozark I have a bunch of parts I'd like to give away. I hope somebody needs this stuff. I decided not to keep it cluttering my house. Actually I'll accept donations for gas money to get me back home!:D I have two good fenders, a driver side door shell, windshield chrome trim, cab drip rail trim, a threshold, oil bath air filter, amber '68 style lenses, aluminum sliding rear window, "Explorer" emblems for your truck bed. I also have some door hinges, a seat cover, hood hinges(one may be bent), a custom made shift knob(hotrod ford made it), and a floor shift boot. I think I brought the instrument cluster and steel bezel from a '68 f100. I hope I make it to Ozark and you guys take this stuff off my hands I have a full load of junk in the truck already. Anyone need an older pc? I have six of them. I don't know the processor speed but some came with win98 originally so you know they are gonna be old and slow. At least one of the pcs is a P4 so winxp should run on it.

I hate to bug you about this but I got to get rid of these xerox copiers before I ruin them. One fell off the truck already when I was turning around. I had forgotten to tie it down. They were in working order before the USDA in College Station decided to upgrade and replaced them.

Dan
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

which way you coming from if you make it to ozark? if you where to come accross 44 from okc, and you could stop in joplin,mo close to 44 like at one of the motel/hotel parking lots i would be willing to take the slider and could look and see what else you'd be willing to transfer to my trucks bed. can't help with gas donations but if you need it could send later. would you make it to joplin,mo before 3:30-4pm?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by FordTruck »

I checked the weather channels website and and it looks like the forcast may be improving. Its still a 70% chance but it looks like there gonna be scattered and in the morning.

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
09 Harley Xl1200c
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by dolinick »

I'm officially not coming. :cry:

I have to wait until the morning for a new part on my truck. I am still too far away from Ozark, Mo. I WILL be attending future get togethers.

I'm in the rain. It's been thunder and lightning all morning here in HillsBoro, TX. I'm just 1 hour south of Dallas/Fort Worth. Still a long way from Ozark, Mo. If I get the truck going in the morning and it is running good I'll just limp up to Oklahoma City and then take her on home to San Antonio, Tx. I'm still serious about letting these parts go. If you are interested let me know and I'll ship them. :thup:

Dan
Last edited by dolinick on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by dolinick »

I'm not going to make it to Ozark. I overextended myself yet again. I have some valve train problems. I think I overheated the engine last night. I should have simply taken it a little slower. Anyway, I hope everyone can get out there and the weather turns out beautiful.

It's a good thing I had a tarp. :D All my goodies would have been ruined! I feel like Sandy Claws with all that stuff in there.

And watch out for these guys.

click, "don't drive like my brother." clack, "don't drive like my brother."
Dan
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

weeellll??? anyone gonna be there? it's a three hour drive for me and i have to get a babysitter (which i have already lined out). speak up now on if you are going to be there. i don't want to drive three hours to eat throwed rolls alone.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by FordTruck »

I just watched the weather and it said rain tonight then just scattered am showers tommrrow. So I'm just gonna wait and see how it looks in the morning,if it isn't nasty and everyones still going I'll head down there.

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
09 Harley Xl1200c
powerslave390

Post by powerslave390 »

I will be there between 12:00 and 1:00, might bring my fishin pole and hit Table Rock Lake for a couple hours before I head for home.(If the rain holds off!) :D Hope to see some bumps in the Lamberts parking lot when I get there too! :thup:
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

for those opf you afraid of the rain. it will miss us if we show up. i know the weather around here and it won't bother us tomorrow. so if your going speak up. chris call me in the morning. i may go anyway just to get the freak out of town for a day.