Swapping up to tinted side & wing Windows.

Moderator: FORDification

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Swapping up to tinted side & wing Windows.

Post by rjewkes »

How would this be done? and since I'd be in there anyhow how easy is it to remove and reinstall these pieces as well as new seals?

any suggestions please?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Swapping up to tinted side & wing Windows.

Post by FORDification »

Very simple process. Just remove the door panel and then the four bolts holding the window regulator. The side glass will drop down to the bottom of the door. Then remove 3 Phillips screws along the front of the door that holds the vent window assembly, another screw right by the vent window handle, and then the nut holding the bottom of the assembly. Once you remove that lower nut, use an Allen wrench to remove the stud that the nut was screwed onto. Then lift the vent window assembly out, and then the side glass out. Reassembly is the reverse order.

Replacing the weatherstripping is a bit more work. The pieces for the side glass are actually pretty easy, but those for the vent window aren't. One piece is actually riveted in, and I'm not sure how that's supposed to be replaced. I was looking one over for a few minutes a while back and wasn't able to figure it out, but then again I didn't take a lot of time then.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

thanks keith.now to see about finding everything.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Go to the Dennis Carpenter home page.

http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/

On the left side of the page you will see a section that says "Download our catalog"
Download the catalog for 67-72 Ford Pickups.
At the very end of the catalog they have a step by step pictorial on how to remove and install vent windows. You have to remove the side window as well and they cover that, too. Should be just what you're looking for.
:wink:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Thanks flyboy.
fuelly.com