Engine Dolly

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

wilhay

Engine Dolly

Post by wilhay »

Looking for engine dolly (not engine stand) to put my 360 on. The ones you get from Harbor Freight and northern tool work great for small block chevy or ford but i've been told they won't work very well on bigger blocked engines without mods and bending to fit and such. Anyone know of any place to buy one for these engines, has to have wheels.
Thanks
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Engine Dolly

Post by fordman »

mine is home made. i didn't make it thought. i got it from a house that was repo'ed. the base is abotu 2 1/2 inch steel tubing in a H shape. it has wheels on all four corners. on the back it has the same tubing coming up with a big pipe and f adapter to bolt the ening eto and slide into the first pipe to flip the enigne over if you need to.
powerslave390

Post by powerslave390 »

You can buy an engine cradle with or without wheels from this guy (stumpys_fabrication_works) on ebay. Just look him up under that user name and if he does'nt have one listed for your FE email him for one. Good luck!
wilhay

Post by wilhay »

Hey thanks friend, that sounds great.
wilhay

Post by wilhay »

Hey i know it's been a while since you sent me this, but i went on ebay and put this guys name in the way you sent it to me on all the search engines and came up with 0 results. Any suggestions?
kaptnkaos
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by kaptnkaos »

I have two engine stands... One I know came from HF the other one I'm not sure (I bought them both used).
The HF stand I could only get 3 bolts to fit, but it is holding the 390 without any problem. The front is sagging just a tiny bit, but not much...
I could put a 2x4 in the front to make it stronger.
The other one I tried to attach to a 361 FT. I could only get 2 bolts to line up (the top 2) when i went to relieve the pressure on the cherry picker it bent the bolts into "Z" 's.
I'm thinkin' of making a couple of adapter plates that line up with all 4 holes.
I really need to get the FT on a stand so I can rebuild it... The 361 is gonna replace the 330 that's in my bus Olde Skool now.
In the meantime, I sat the FT on a tire on the floor so I could get the cherry picker outta da way...

KaptnKA 8) S
Washington...The land where rust is like the family pet...Ya learn to live with it and clean up after its mess... KaptnKAOS

"Olde Skool" '68 Ford Bluebird short bus
"FRODO" '68 F-250 Camper Special project
iamthewreckingcrew

Post by iamthewreckingcrew »

68 F-100 Short Box 2wd
302/c4/3.50
81 F-100 Long Box 2wd
460/c6/3.00
92 F-150 Lariat 4wd
302/auto couldn't go wrong for $500
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

for a fe you could make something like that real easily. Image
powerslave390

Post by powerslave390 »

Here is the link for the engine cradle you were looking for, email him for an FE cradle with wheels.
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/stumpys_f ... omZQQ_mdoZ
67nukeford
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 67nukeford »

Hey, thanks for the info, I'm going to drop this guy a line. I have 2 390's I need to store!
Pat 1967 F100 4WD
LINK TO PROJECT THREAD
:http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a