Da BUMT experiment

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

bumt72

Da BUMT experiment

Post by bumt72 »

Well Da BUMT officially becomes an experiment this weekend. Between fixing up my eldest daughters truck this year, a car for my youngest daughter next year, and the fact that I really really want a 4x4 67-69 F100, Da BUMT isn't going to become a show piece, so....... I am going to be experimenting on it, welding, body work, painting, interior, crazy ideas I have. I am going to be starting on the electrical and interior, trying to figure out how the second battery is suppose to work, I want to wire the radio, CD changer and a power inverter to it, installing a 67 F600 dash panel, installing a later bench seat, building an under dash console, (probably going to have 5-7 things going at onece depending on waht I thought about on my daily comute) basically playing around with things in an environment where the learning process is more important than the finished product.
Kep

1972 F250 Da Big Ugly Man TruckDa BUMT
1961 F100 Stepside (Father/Daughter Project)UnNamed
bumt72

re: Da BUMT experiment

Post by bumt72 »

Experiment #1, the F600 dash panel is about half way done. It's been stripped and painted, it is a 67 F600 panel, white which I wasn't really up on, shooting for a red and black interior.

How it looked originally

Stripped

And Painted

The painting turned out fairly well, not show quality but I still like it. I'll post more pics once it's installed.
Kep

cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cobraF100 »

bumt72,

Thats the same way I was getting my done but I was just haveing it Powder Coated..

We were thing the same way :wink:
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Lookin' good! :thup: Are you planning on using the stock gauges or fitting in some aftermarket gauges?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
bumt72

Post by bumt72 »

Thanks. Ya I thought about getting it powder coated but it still turned out. As far as the gauges go I am putting the stock gauges back in. Long term I want to go with after market, probably equus but......
Kep

69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

That looks good man. I really like those F600 gauges. Not original to our trucks, but look awesome in the dash. Really sets it apart from the rest. Paint job looks good to me.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree