Grille polish

Moderator: FORDification

dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Grille polish

Post by dotcentral »

DC, I think it cleaned up pretty good. You might be able to go over it again get a little more out.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Ddude,I did the fine steel wool process on my headlight doors and grill then clear-coated it with a good clearcoat from a paint supply house and it turned out real nice...But clearcoat won't hide any scratches,it only protects and adds some brilliance...

Didn't we have a thread on this a while back that connected to a link on how the pros resto aluminum brightwork?...I think the problem is the anodizing is much harder than the aluminum underneath,so you're really trying to polish the anodizing and not the aluminum itself...If I remember right,there was a chemical that removed the anodizing,then the guy did the scratch removal and polishing....This process was more for show trucks,I think...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
71-F-250SC-72-F-250C

Post by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C »

The casing on the side of my dirtbike had worn paint on it from using the rear brake, so I wet sanded it with steel wool, and got all the paint off of it. The steel wool was starting to polish it, and then once the paint was off I went over it with Never dull. It looks really good. I tried this with the truck and it did not seem to work as well. I think if I gave the steel wool a bit more time I can get it looking good. I will try it on my dads 71 when the time comes.

Stephen
71 f-250 Sport Custom-frame off in progress..again thank to irjetmachanic. :)
72 f-250 Custom
71 f-100 swb sport custom
03 mach1 mustang
cant forget my thing...haha 74 volkswagon thing.
[quote="ToughOldFord"]
Damn, 7 gallons per mile, obviously FE powered!