What did you do to YOUR bump today?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by JoshT »

Didn't do anything on the truck, but did pick up a solid hood, inner fenders, and tailgate for it today.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
Speedpin

Post by Speedpin »

knocked the rust off the bumper and hit it with some paint.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968 f100 Ranger
Body swap over 02 Lightning, 5.4, Auto
fox87

Post by fox87 »

Speedpin wrote:knocked the rust off the bumper and hit it with some paint.
Lookin good pal!
I'm still busy sanding before I slap on some new paint. Planning on a similar combination but it's probably gonna b a deeper blue
:thup:
"Whether you think you CAN; Or you think you CAN'T; You're right."
- Henry Ford
Proud tow truck driver by heart.
rhyne

Post by rhyne »

speedo in what is that bumper off of? did you fab it up yourself? looks awesome...as for what i did today, well yesterday, got fenders sanded to bare metal feast for primer finally.
Speedpin

Post by Speedpin »

Bumper is fabbed from 3 stock bumpers. Needed the height for blower heat exchanger.
1968 f100 Ranger
Body swap over 02 Lightning, 5.4, Auto
tsherry
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tsherry »

Hauled 1600 lbs of concrete, a bunch of sheathing, siding and studs. That camper special rides like a car when you put that much weight in it.
too many Fords, no where near 'nuff time.

or, money.
rhyne

Post by rhyne »

got the grill back on, hood hinges and door hinges
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Got mad at the world, then proceeded to fix the the brake booster that I just paid about $230 to have rebuilt. You'd think that when you spend that much to have your own existing booster rebuilt (because none available) that it would be right. Idiots lost my properly adjusted master cylinder input rod, so when they replaced it they installed one that was seized! :cuss:

Vice grips and a bunch of heat to get it loose, but managed to mangle the adjuster bolt in the process. Fortunately I had another old booster that I could scavenge the adjuster from. Got the brake booster installed and fired it up for the first time in weeks. Need to play with the Sniper EFI settings a bit, but fired right up. :woohoo:

Also installed new brake light switch, need to get a washer/shim tomorrow to finish adjust it.

Oh and before all of that I picked up an engine donor to get my 99 Ranger back running. Need a truck to use while fixing bigger stuff on the F-100.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Picked up a running 1968 300 6 banger 3 speed manual out of a 65 Econoline van from California complete from fan to tranny for $400 for my '67 bump project. One of the cleanest rust free engines i have ever seen....... :D ......also did some panel alignment on the '68, installed the used fan shoud I picked up this spring, and put new taillight and parking light gaskets in......... :hd:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Finished up booster change. Installed washer on brake light switch, it was too much and lights stayed on. With washer lights stay on, without washer it takes too long for them to come on. Need to see if I can find something thinner to use as a shim at Ace or work tomorrow. Wish I still had the original collar, but it broke during removal.

Also reset idle adjustment on the Sniper. Either leaking booster or something else I changed cause it to be off. Then took it for the first drive in weeks.

Brakes work better than EVER! Guess that other booster was bad out of the box and got worse over time.
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Well brakes were working better than ever, until I broke it again. Two weeks after last post (10/13) a rear wheel came off going down the road. My fault I neglected lug nuts. Everything is ok, minor damage to truck, but nothing that couldn't be fixed or wouldn't have been replaced anyway. Thread's about what you did today, so...

Started yesterday and today I finished putting it back together. New wheel studs and drum and a few minor hardware bits. Also pulled third member and replaced leaking gasket. So truck is back on the road.

:woohoo:

Need to refill my grease gun and hit the rear driveshaft U-joint (well all grease points), its in good shape but looked a little dry when the cap came off.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Got the tarp put down and put the sides on the shelter since the "s" word is in the forecast up here which means road salt is next and that spells the end of my bump season........ :cry:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Took another look at new pulley & belt configuration, then started loosening bolts to pull intake. The big brown truck also dropped off my new coil and CD ignition box for the Sniper EFI system.
mac6150

Post by mac6150 »

Truck back from the shop, I had the engine rebuilt. Runs great, although it was running good before.[image]1207[/image]
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

That's a good looking engine! :thup:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html