What did you do to YOUR bump today?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

68FORDJBM
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by 68FORDJBM »

Painted in a new bed/floor liner before taking it to a car show sponsored at work
farmallmta

WITH my bump, I mowed vacant lots & scared a Mercedes driver

Post by farmallmta »

My town has LOTS of highway and road construction going on so major arteries and side streets are quite congested with traffic. I encountered the classic rude/lawbreaking driver who decided, after seeing me pull up to an intersection, to drive forward and block said intersection so I wouldn't be able to pull out into the lane I needed to be in.

Bumpsie decided she would just ignore Mr. Red Mercedes Prick and just eased herself on out nudging her nose right into the gap, anyway. Mr. Red Mercedes Prick actually attempted to pull sideways and forward as much as he could thinking Bumpsie would let rude pricks driving red Mercedes intimidate her. Bumpsie just kept on easing out, forcing Mr. Red Mercedes Prick farther and farther over until finally he had the decision to stop and let Bumpsie in, or to persist and hit the car beside him or the solid front bumper and grill guard of Bumpsie. Well, she won. She got her place in the lane to the angry honkings of Mr. Red Mercedes Prick. Then she instructed me to stick my arm out the window and flip him off on her behalf, so I did. She doesn't like snotty pricey foreign cars or the snotty pricks who drive them, apparently. :lol:
bumpwork4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farmallmta

Odd vacuum leak started, found, and fixed!

Post by farmallmta »

Rita started running rough. I traced the problem to a vacuum leak at the carb-to-manifold gasket. Just a slight deformation caused the gasket to develop a leak. Fixed it and she runs great again. She shows me lots of love when I baby her with attention. What a gal! :love:
vacleak2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cep62 »

farmallmta wrote: I encountered the classic rude/lawbreaking driver who decided, after seeing me pull up to an intersection, to drive forward and block said intersection so I wouldn't be able to pull out into the lane I needed to be in.
See , your truck looks too nice.

In my old junk I am given the right of way , even if it's not my turn. :D
farmallmta

Post by farmallmta »

Gosh, 3 problems pretty much all happened at once, and I just got the last of the three addressed. First was rekit of the carb, which is a factory manual choke and factory hand throttle plus foot throttle Autolite, tag # C6PF-A. The second was a vacuum leak under the carb. The last one was a worn distributor shaft, requiring replacement of the distributor. Rita's happy again! :love:
Last edited by farmallmta on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cep62 »

At least you can fix it yourself,
All three would stump most modern mechanics.
farmallmta

Post by farmallmta »

cep62 wrote:At least you can fix it yourself,
All three would stump most modern mechanics.
You're right about that. One shop I go to for front end work has 5 mechanics who can fix nearly nothing without the code reader telling them what to do. Carburators? Pffft! Forget it.
farmallmta

Post by farmallmta »

cep62 wrote:
farmallmta wrote: I encountered the classic rude/lawbreaking driver who decided, after seeing me pull up to an intersection, to drive forward and block said intersection so I wouldn't be able to pull out into the lane I needed to be in.
See , your truck looks too nice.

In my old junk I am given the right of way , even if it's not my turn. :D
I used to drive a pretty hideous '84 Dodge D-250. Yes, it always got the right-of-way. A very wide berth. Pretty much granted quarantine. People wouldn't even park next to it in parking lots. :lol:
sonic reducer

Post by sonic reducer »

Finally found some like new West Coast Jr mirrors for my 72. Felt like I was searching forever, didn't wanna pay crazy ebay prices. Got them locally for $75. I'm pretty happy! Now my truck fits comfortably in the driveway.
Speedpin

Post by Speedpin »

Productive day yesterday, exhaust, and new Qa1 springs up front. Went from a 600lbs 8 inch spring (as you can see, compressed and coilover adjusted almost to the top) to a 650 lbs 9 inch.
Last edited by Speedpin on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
1968 f100 Ranger
Body swap over 02 Lightning, 5.4, Auto
Speedpin

Post by Speedpin »

exhaust
1968 f100 Ranger
Body swap over 02 Lightning, 5.4, Auto
mac6150

Post by mac6150 »

Added a steering stabilizer. I helped tighten the steering.
geradr4

Post by geradr4 »

Installed a new solenoid and starter. Then I ordered a Superlift leveling kit at 4wheelonline.
farmallmta

What my bump did for me today

Post by farmallmta »

ritafence1.jpg
^^^^^Her name is Rita, short for her original paint which is that pretty pale margarita green. She snuggled up close to me this morning and purred in my ear that she'd dearly love to do something sexy today. So I took her along to her favorite metals yard and lumber yard and she happily hauled all the materials for a nifty radius-corner steel fence we're building. Here she is above basking in her afterglow of delivering all the materials for me.

Below, the technique we're using for the radiused corner of the fence. It's 3 runners designed as bowstring trusses. The sheet metal will wrap around it. Also to be hauled to the site by Rita. She's a working girl!
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

Nice fence work! I haven't done anything to my mistress at all. too many home projects and other distractions :cuss: :cry: . I have a feeling it will be cold weather before I get to spend time with her. :pray:
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs